Huge problems with rendering, stuttering and tearing lately.

cheti

Honorable
Apr 6, 2012
Okay, so i upgraded my PC a month ago to this:
fx-8120 @ 3.8ghz
corsair vengeance 2x4gb @ 1600mhz
asus directcu 2 top gtx 560 @ 925mhz
corsair force gt ssd 90gb (windows 7 ultimate 64bit + games)
corsair gs600
samsung syncmaster p2350 23" 1920x1080.

So everything ran superfine and good, but then a few days ago i got huge screen tearing everywhere - fix was enable vsync. Even tho i never had any screen tearing.

Now im having lots of microstuttering in games everywhere even tho its at stable 60fps and even worse, now the render time for example in RIFT is really really long. I run around and then stuff start to appear close to me.

I tried downclocking ram, cpu and gpu to theyr default clocks but didnt help. I did a completely clean driver reinstalled and also tried older drivers - didnt help.

Any suggestions on how to fix the microstuttering and slow rendering times ? :)

cheti

Honorable
Apr 6, 2012
well i just installed my windwos like 25-30 days ago, i really really dont want to do it again.
but do you really think this could actually do this ?

also, whats a good antivirus ? i might want to scan my pc first :D

cheti

Honorable
Apr 6, 2012
scanned - no problems.

do you know the black and white hypnotic spiral - i just watchedi it in youtube and it was tearing at 3 places.. wtf

cheti

Honorable
Apr 6, 2012
ye but what about videos and when i was scrolling a webpage with lots if images, i saw all the images split vertically like tearing...

and yes, screen tearing is gone in games when i use vsync, but in windows and videos and movies and scrolling pictures it still exists

fantastik250

Distinguished
It could be the videos. And how the frame rates of the movies/videos are. Assuming your monitor is set at 60Hz. But, the framerates on videos and others only plays at roughly 24-30 frames/s. So it is not synchronized. It's not likely your graphics card isn't capable of playing video, it's the actual video itself.

cheti

Honorable
Apr 6, 2012
but ive never had that problem anywhere, it started a few days ago just randomly - every game started having screen tearing and same with youtube videos and for example dr house series films

cheti

Honorable
Apr 6, 2012
still getting tearing with adaptive vsync, altho.. if i turn vsync completely on then tearing in games stop but in windows/youtube videos/picture scrolling/films i can still see tearing

Definitely driver problem. However, since you already tried reinstalling drivers, would you mind trying to install windows to another partition just to see if it solves it? I mean, you might have ran something that corrupted your internal windows mechanism and that's why it's acting so strange. Unfortunately, there are no other fixes for such issues than to reinstall windows.

cheti

Honorable
Apr 6, 2012
i have an ssd that has windows + games and a hdd that has all my pictures, movies, music etc etc

so if i format my ssd and install new windows there i wont lose any of my data thats on my hdd ?

cheti

Honorable
Apr 6, 2012
okay i put in my dvd and i set my first boot device to cdrom and second to hdd but when i restart it just says "Detecting operating system..." and then just goes to windows directly, doesent even ask if i want to boot.

This dvd works 100% cause its detected in my computer and i installed with it before + my friend installed his windows 1 week ago with this dvd.

Whats wrong ?