Solved

Should I upgrade my ati 5770 crossfire?

Hello, I'm not sure whether or not I should upgrade my graphic cards. I currently have dual ati 5770 running on crossfire, yet I have a lot of driver problems, usually resulting in crashes. I also have a 850 Watt power supply (one from dell). I'm not sure whether or not I should upgrade my gpu. Any options? Should I wait another year? I currently do not have a budget problem.
I just wish for a card that can do very well when it comes to gaming.
I have an Alienware. Specs are:
intel i7 930x OC to 3.5 ghz
12 gb ddr3 hyperx
dual ati 5770s
1920x1080 monitor
10 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about should upgrade 5770 crossfire
  1. If you want to upgrade then I would recommend buying one good GPU instead of running SLI/Crossfire. That would avoid most problems. You said you do not have a budget problem but how much can you spend?
  2. Best answer
    5770's are roughly of the performance of a 570. So there really is no point of upgrading, though you should try the newer beta drivers.
  3. GTX670, HD7970, GTX680 all great choices. http://www.techpowerup.com/reviews/NVIDIA/GeForce_GTX_670/28.html
    HD5770 x2 is in performance around HD5870 GTX560Ti
  4. amuffin said:
    5770's are roughly of the performance of a 570. So there really is no point of upgrading, though you should try the newer beta drivers.

Thanks. I'll update my drivers to the 12.6 and probably wait another year. I might just build a computer next year.
  5. henrykimchee said:
    Thanks. I'll update my drivers to the 12.6 and probably wait another year. I might just build a computer next year.

You really shoudn't be upgrading until another year, until skylake. The i7-930 is still a great cpu, and implus Alienware dell bios lets you OC!
  6. you really should upgrade. the benefits of running a single card that's as powerful as your crossfire setup is huge. no microstutter. go single card, and experience the smoothness you've been missing out on.
  7. Anonymous said:
    you really should upgrade. the benefits of running a single card that's as powerful as your crossfire setup is huge. no microstutter. go single card, and experience the smoothness you've been missing out on.

I don't believe I will be upgrading because of the benefits i dont have right now and the better software/hardware that would be released in a year. I.e. the ati 8000 series and the fact that my motherboard does not support pci express 3.0, or even usb 3.0. The Beta drivers fixed my crashing issue :D .
  8. Best answer selected by henrykimchee.
  9. Anonymous said:
    you really should upgrade. the benefits of running a single card that's as powerful as your crossfire setup is huge. no microstutter. go single card, and experience the smoothness you've been missing out on.

He doesn't have to. :pfff:
Ask a new question

Read More

Graphics Cards Crossfire ATI Graphics Product