Should I upgrade my ati 5770 crossfire?

henrykimchee

Honorable
Jun 10, 2012
Hello, I'm not sure whether or not I should upgrade my graphic cards. I currently have dual ati 5770 running on crossfire, yet I have a lot of driver problems, usually resulting in crashes. I also have a 850 Watt power supply (one from dell). I'm not sure whether or not I should upgrade my gpu. Any options? Should I wait another year? I currently do not have a budget problem.
I just wish for a card that can do very well when it comes to gaming.
I have an Alienware. Specs are:
intel i7 930x OC to 3.5 ghz
12 gb ddr3 hyperx
dual ati 5770s
1920x1080 monitor

Solution
5770's are roughly of the performance of a 570. So there really is no point of upgrading, though you should try the newer beta drivers.

henrykimchee

Honorable
Jun 10, 2012

Thanks. I'll update my drivers to the 12.6 and probably wait another year. I might just build a computer next year.

You really shoudn't be upgrading until another year, until skylake. The i7-930 is still a great cpu, and implus Alienware dell bios lets you OC!

G

you really should upgrade. the benefits of running a single card that's as powerful as your crossfire setup is huge. no microstutter. go single card, and experience the smoothness you've been missing out on.

henrykimchee

Honorable
Jun 10, 2012

I don't believe I will be upgrading because of the benefits i dont have right now and the better software/hardware that would be released in a year. I.e. the ati 8000 series and the fact that my motherboard does not support pci express 3.0, or even usb 3.0. The Beta drivers fixed my crashing issue :D .