Booting up for the first time

Tags:
  • New Build
  • Computer
  • Systems
  • Product
Last response: in Systems
August 1, 2012 1:04:36 PM

Okay so I plug everything in my computer all the fans are spinning and that what not but now what. I don't know what to do. If you know what and lot of people should know please help.

Thank you

More about : booting time

August 1, 2012 1:24:18 PM

my problem is the monitor, keyboard, or mouse are getting power
m
l
Related resources
August 1, 2012 1:37:08 PM

Okay i already looked at that but i tried the very last thing and pulled every piec of ram out nothing happened. I put one back in and as soon as it is in the computer turns off and i cant get to come back on
m
l
August 1, 2012 1:46:22 PM

List all your system specs including make and model of PSU.
m
l
August 1, 2012 1:54:44 PM

case=nzxt 410 phantom

Cpu=i5-3570k

motherboard=asus z77 sabertooth

ram=16gb (4x4) corsair vengence

Dvd=Lite-on internal dvd writer

Gpu= gtx 670 ftw Evga

Psu=corsair 750w moudlar power supply

wireless card=asus pce-n15

ssd=m4 crucial 256gb

hdd= seagate barracuda

cpu cooler=antec 620 kuhler

plus two led 140mm fan
m
l
August 1, 2012 2:04:31 PM

Can you Describe the issue you are having. Dont give us i turn everything on and what not, now what do i do? thats kinda vague, Like have you installed the operating system, Are all the Cables attached properly, Are you getting a picture on your display? things like that
m
l
August 1, 2012 2:14:48 PM

all my cables are attached the fans are spining on the case and on the graphics card but i am getting no display from using different monitors and then i read thing about taking stuff like the ram to see if it beeps or anything like that. I pulled all the ram and nothing happened then i put a piece of ram it made this kind of a happy squeal then it turned off. now i can not get to turn on whatever i do. and i plugged in my head phones and they worked using the front i/o but nothing was working on the rear i/o. I'm sorry i was vague i'm just kind of stressed. Since i have no picture i can't go to bios or install windows really. but everthing seems to be working if it spins or did.
m
l
August 1, 2012 2:15:57 PM

Possible Dead Motherboard. I am not sure how to test that.
m
l
August 1, 2012 2:17:47 PM

Looking through the guide is less than following it step by step, standoffs, power cables, ... all important stuff.
Presuming everything is assembled and connected correctly and there is a case speaker attached to the motherboard then you should get ram beeps when no ram installed. If no beeps bad board.
m
l
August 1, 2012 2:18:45 PM

i guess i have a dead mother board but when it was on it was having a green stand by power light on it
m
l
August 1, 2012 2:20:59 PM

thats normal, Even if board is dead you will still get power to it
m
l
August 1, 2012 2:22:07 PM

ok then thank you for the help
m
l
!