Sign in with
Your question

Keyboard & mice power is on but not working

Last response: in Components
December 15, 2012 2:50:00 PM

Hello,
Before I start my CPU as soon as I switch on the power supply mouse and keyboard lits on. After starting the CPU, both the CPU and monitor works fine, but mouse and keyboard are not working. I connected a wireless USB mouse it is working fine, what might be the problem?
Thanks in advance
a c 141 à CPUs
December 15, 2012 9:05:43 PM

try moving the mouse and keybd to different usb ports than they are in now. This will cause windows to reload drivers for them.

m
l
December 28, 2012 5:04:20 PM

popatim said:
try moving the mouse and keybd to different usb ports than they are in now. This will cause windows to reload drivers for them.

Actually I tried that but the problem was not with the drivers. I opened the mouse and keyboard both, cleaned them with clean cotton dipped in petrol and now they are working fine, now the only problem is with keyboard as some of the keys are not functioning but still it's fine for normal work. As I was using my PC after a long time it led to the problem. Anyway thanks for replying to my question.

Note : A general suggestion to everyone here, whenever u clean ur keyboard please do it very softly, especially while cleaning the tracks as cleaning with a slightly high force will erase the track completely.
m
l
!