Sign in with
Your question

CPU/ Mainboard Compatability

Last response: in CPUs
December 15, 2012 3:18:19 PM

Hello all. To begin, I'm hoping this this is posted in the correct location. If not, please direct me to where I should be.

I have the following CPU/ Mainboard combination, which I have used for the past year:

-AMD Phenom II X6 1100T Black Edition 3.3Ghz
-MSI 870A Fuzion Power Edition

The issue: I'm having random PC crashes (Crash= Monitors blank to 'No Device Connected Screen', PC components continue to receive power, fans continue to run, and peripherals continue to receive power.). I have to manually turn off the power supply for 10 seconds, turn it back on, and reboot. This happens once a day at the most, once every 3-4 days at the least.

I was curious as to whether or not this could be a compatibility issue between the Mobo and CPU, whether it be drivers, socket type (the Mobo is AM2+), BIOS, and so on.

If there is anymore information needed, please let me know, and i'll dig it up ASAP. This issue is rather annoying, and who else to turn to but the community I've lurked all these years for quick answers!

Thanks in advance for any replies.
a b à CPUs
December 15, 2012 3:24:02 PM

Check if your psu is faulty, also run Memtest86+ to see if your ram is faulty, check also the gfx card temps and cpu temps.
m
l
a c 135 à CPUs
December 15, 2012 3:24:33 PM

do you have the latest bios, its possible you might have memory incompatibilities with ur mobo and ur ram, with the latest bios shouldnt be an issue, let me know :) 

since that mobo and cpu are compatible

also be nice to know your powersupply and the rest of ur setup to help you more in dept
m
l
Related resources
December 15, 2012 3:40:31 PM

It might just be the DVI/AVI or HDMI (or what ever you are using) cable that is flawing. (My english is not perfect because I'm from sweden :pt1cable:  )
m
l
December 15, 2012 3:46:27 PM

Sorry for my last post I didn't read the post very well :??:  ... Try checking your RAM in Memtest86+ (It may take up to 24h+)
m
l
a b à CPUs
December 15, 2012 4:55:12 PM

Hi :) 

I run 1100Ts..its NOT your motherboard or cpu...

Ram or psu as a guess...probably ram...

All the best Brett :) 
m
l
December 15, 2012 5:37:48 PM

Hey all. Thanks for the quick replies. I just finished running Memtest86 on each of the 4 4GB sticks, allowing 5 passes for each stick. I received no errors.

A while ago, I'd had the feeling it might be the PSU, but for some reason, I ignored it. Now it seems instinct could have been right. The only issue is, I don't have a physical tester to evaluate it. Is there any software or a particular way to test my PSU? Or should I plan a trip to get a tester?

Also, as requested, here is a list of all installed components:

PSU- Antec TruePower Quattro 850 Watt
GPU- MSI GeForce GTX 670 (2GB DDR5)
CPU- AMD Phenom II X6 1100T 3.3GHz
RAM- 4x Crucial 4GB DDR3
Storage- 1x Seagate 400GB 5400 RPM, 1x Seagate 1 TB 7200 RPM

Thanks again!
m
l
a c 135 à CPUs
December 15, 2012 5:38:56 PM

only real way i know is a powersupply tester, dont think theres accurate software for this, best accurate thing is a powersupply tester, anyway to rma the powersupply?
m
l
December 15, 2012 5:44:47 PM

iceclock said:
only real way i know is a powersupply tester, dont think theres accurate software for this, best accurate thing is a powersupply tester, anyway to rma the powersupply?

Unfortunately, my PSU is one of the oldest components of my PC. It was installed when I bought what used to be my current system from a friend 3 years ago. Don't think an RMA is in the cards for this one.

I guess i'll hop out later this afternoon or Monday to pick up a tester. I'll be sure to let you all know what the results are.

Thanks!
m
l
a c 135 à CPUs
December 15, 2012 6:59:59 PM

sounds good keep us informed :) 
m
l
!