Buy GT 440 or GT 630

Status
Not open for further replies.

doomed2020

Honorable
Jun 8, 2012
Hello Guys :hello: ,

I am going to buy One of these THREE Graphics Cards.

1 - Inno3D GT 440
[strike]2 - EVGA GT 520 [/strike]
3 - Inno3D GT 630

The 2nd Option of GT 520 has been discarded because it is rated very low. Other cards have some Respect in Market and have SAME PRICES.

I mostly play games on my PC, and the intention of buying a NEW Graphics Card is to Play Smoother games with Great Visual Graphics.

Currently Playing(Integrated Graphics):
- Call of Duty - Modern Warfare 2
- Need for Speed - Shift
- Battlefield 2
- Hitman - Blood Money
- Tomb raider - Underground
- FIFA 11
and much more

Hoping to Play(After Upgrading):
- Battlefield 3
- Call of Duty - Black Ops
- Need for Speed - Run
- GTA IV
and much more

So,

Q1 - Which one of these Card would give the BEST(Optimal) gaming Experience(Performance) for the Games listed above?
(after selecting One Card)

Q2- Which characteristic(s) of that Graphics Card actually forced you to select that Card?

Q3 - These Cards have less CUDA Cores as Compared to cards like Nvida 9800 GT/8800 GT, will these cards still be efficient having low CUDA Core?
If yes

Q4 - What type of Games or Software would under-perform if CUDA Cores are less?

Q5 - Can these cards be Over-Clocked?

Q6 - How a DX10 supported Card is different from DX11 supported Card, or is it just same as DX9?

According to Video Benchmarking, GT 440 (Ranked 172) is higher than GT 630 (Ranked 178), but I am not sure whether it is based on its Performance or Visual Graphics, also benchmark is different on different platforms(MoBo, Processor, Ram, OS) having same graphic Card.

I hope you would guide me to buy the Best Graphics Card, Please be more elaborate while answering my above Question, as Short and Quick Answers often cause Confusions.

Here are the Specs of the Graphics Cards:

1 - Inno3D GT 440

CUDA cores----------------------------- 96
Graphics Clock (MHz) --------------- 810
Processor Clock (MHz) ------------- 1620MHz
Memory Clock (MHz) ---------------- 3200MHz
Max Memory Amount --------------- 1GB SDDR3
Memory Interface -------------------- 128 bit
Memory Bandwidth (GB/sec) ----- 51.2
Texture Fill Rate (billion/sec) ----- 6.5

Extra Features: CUDA, DX11, PhysX, 3D Vision

2 - Inno3D GT 630

CUDA Cores ------------------------------- 96
Graphics Clock-Base Clock (MHz) -- 810
Processor Clock (MHz) ----------------- 1620
Texture Fill Rate (billion/sec) --------- 13
Memory Clock (MHz) ------------------- 1333
Standard Memory Config (MB) ------ 1024
Memory Interface ------------------------ SDDR3
Memory Interface Width --------------- 128-bit
Memory Bandwidth (GB/sec) -------- 21.3

Extra Features: CUDA, DX11, PhysX

Assumption: :eek:

* My Motherboard, Ram and Processor are fully capable of running both these Cards.
* My PSU is 400W Dell Brand.
* I have enough Knowledge about these graphics Card to take Right Decision after analyzing your suggestion for the benefit of both me and my PC.
* I have limited budget , so other Options are not feasible for me right now.
* I assume you will NOT RECOMMEND a Graphic Card just by Comparing the values of both cards, Personal Gaming/Usage Experience would be preferable.

Thanks!

assasin32

Distinguished
Apr 23, 2008
With a 400w PSU I think one of the newer 7750 or 7770 preferably it's worth the extra cost between the two would be the best choice.

I've been trying to justify going with a cheaper card myself since I have been looking all day to replace my 320mb 8800gts, but so far I am almost dead set on the 7770 as the price difference vs performance between what I call acceptable for buying a new card to go up to that is drastic for the small price increase. Unfortunately newegg was running a sale on the 7770 with a 30 mail in rebate which ended today so there is no chance of getting it for $100, but give it a few days and they will probably have something go on that is close to that again.

As one last side note if you end up looking at cheaper cards don't let the performance charts of the 5770/6670 fool you and the price, most of those online are of the GDDR5 not the cheap GDDR3 so be careful about which one your looking at.

EDITED IN:
Just found the 7770 on tiger direct for $95 after 15 rebate
http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=2048679&CatId=28

450gts in case your stuck with a really tight budget
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814127606

doomed2020

Honorable
Jun 8, 2012
Thanks for your Replies rolli59, esrever, assasin32 and looniam.

I think one of the newer 7750 or 7770 preferably it's worth the extra cost between the two would be the best choice.

Well these cards are way above my Budget limit, they are Good Cards, but currently I have to stick to my Budget. As a Gamer when you start looking at the Graphics Card, with every additional Feature in the Card, you get more excited :bounce: but really when it comes to affordability only few options are left (I am not talking about Rich Bitches).

The GT630 is a rebadge of the GT440

if the choices is between the 630 or 440; the 440 would be a little better.

After analyzing your Suggestions, GT 440 Wins the race.. So [strike]GT 630[/strike] is Eliminated from my list.

UPDATE:

I have included two other Graphics Cards on my short-listed cards.

1 - Inno3D GT 440 -- 1GB 128bit -- DX11 (NEW)
2 - MSI NX8800 GT -- 512MB 256bit -- DX10 (USED)
3 - EVGA GeForce 9800 GT -- 512MB 256Bit -- DX10 (USED)

All Graphics cards have SAME PRICES , except the last two are slightly used. All cards are DDR3.

Q1 - What card should I choose now, keeping in mind the list of games I play and intend to play(list given above)?

Q2 - GT 440 supports DX11 Games, does this give it an Edge over other cards, because future Games might rely heavily on DX11?

Please help me choose the best of the Three listed cards, Try to Give reasons with your suggestions, that is always helpful.

Thanks!

Vettedude

Distinguished
Apr 10, 2009
A GT440 can't push most of the extra DX11 effects. Get the 9800GT, its STILL one of the best gaming cards, Tom's said they would STILL recommend it if stock was still easy to find.

I have an HD6850 and with DX11 mode in Crysis it uses the full 1GB of VRAM and pushes my GPU to 100% usage...on Medium. Still looks great, but DX11 pushes the system pretty hard.

SmartGeek

Honorable
Jun 3, 2012

Hi doomed2020,

From the three cards that you mentioned, I would pick the Nvidia GT440 as you can get it in new condition. The Nvidia GT 440 is about 25% slower than the 9800GT where DX9 games are taken into consideration but a used 9800GT might get damage early and you'll end up at a loss. Also, if you play DX11 games, then there will be not much performance difference between the two as the GT440 has a newer architecture i.e., Fermi. This architecture is optimized for better efficiency which is evident in the power consumption of the card as it consumes only about 56watts than 9800GT's 105watts. You'll get playable frame rates at 1o24*768 resolution with settings being Low to Medium and the games will still look good. I think you'll get best bang for the buck with this Card.
In my opinion, it is better to get a Card which is new than to get a used one even if performance is somewhat slower.

Try to get this GDDR5 version of GT440---
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814134135
(GDDR5 memory is much faster than GDDR3 but if you can't afford this one, then the GDDR3 version will be best for you.)

Regards,
SmartGeek

Status
Not open for further replies.