New build, but restart after 3 second I press the power button! HELP!!

edisonlu

Honorable
Nov 24, 2012
Hello everyone,

I finished assembling my new PC, but when I press the power button on the case, it will restart automatically after 2-3 seconds. What's the problem?? Is it something wrong with the components or some cable issues?

Thank you so much. I'm waiting for your reply online now.

popatim

Titan
I would disable auto-restart from safe mode
start>control panel>system> advanced system settings>startup & recovery>settings> uncheck "Automatically restart..."

let us know what error message you get

If you dont get an error message then I would next disconnect the front panel "pwr_sw" from the motherbd header. You can boot up the computer by momentarily shorting out the two pins the connector goes across (be careful not to short out any other pins) andif the restarts stop then its your power switch on your case. If they still happen then we need to test your power supply.

jakewat97

Distinguished
Dec 15, 2012
so can you get into the OS or will the computer not even post?
i had a similar problem and needed a new PSU. also check your front IO connections to see if any have been switched around.

mohamed-gaafar

Honorable
Feb 19, 2013
i also have the same problem exactly and i change the case and also the power supply and there is no change it still starting up after pressing power button. also i disconnect the ram and run the M.B with no ram still doing the same. also i disconnect the all connections of the case and power it manually also still the same. what else i shall do !!!!??!

smokeybravo

Honorable
Feb 5, 2013
Does it give you any beeps besides just one when it starts up? It sounds like it could be a memory issue. It seems like it's posting, but if there is a memory issue, there's nowhere for bios to dump the data. Run a memory check from bios.