ATI driver install crashing Windows

Philoso

Distinguished
Dec 18, 2011
Ok i just put together a new build
BIOSTAR TA75MH2 FM2 AMD A75 (Hudson D3) HDMI SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 Micro ATX AMD Motherboard

G.SKILL Value 4GB 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1333 (PC3 10666) Desktop Memory Model F3-10666CL9S-4GBNT

AMD A6-5400K Trinity 3.6GHz (3.8GHz Turbo) Socket FM2 65W Dual-Core Desktop APU (CPU + GPU) with DirectX 11 Graphic AMD Radeon HD 7540D AD540KOKHJBOX

The problem im having is ill get through all the windows installation and as soon as i install the drivers for the APU ill restart computer and Windows will freeze, crash or reboot. Sometimes it even freezes up Bios start up screen and ill have to reset to try again. Once i do this i cant find anyway to remove the drivers if i go into Safe mode the Catalyst Drivers will show up in Control Panel but it wont let me Remove them. So I'll have to completely reinstall windows again off disk and start over. I've tried this on Windows XP and Windows 7 getting same result. Does anyone know what could be causing this? Is it a hardware issue or something else. Any help would be appreciated it, thanks
Sam

popatim

Titan
Update bios if its not the latest version, reset it to defaults and then turn on ahci.
Install the sata ahci drivers during windows install (bios must be set to ahci first)
Install the chipset drivers in windows first followed by audio and lan.
Create a restore point
Install latest catalyst drivers

(all your initial drivers should come from Biostar here: http://www.biostar-usa.com/app/en-us/mb/introduction.php?S_ID=614#dl )

I tried something just like it. You need to boot your pc in safe mode, this way the driver won't make your pc freeze, shut Down or whatever. Then you got find an older or newer driver and install it. Problem solved.

It's pretty common with AMD drivers, happened to me a lot on my laptop, which has the 6770m. :)

Philoso

Distinguished
Dec 18, 2011
None of these things are working for me...Ive tried older drivers even when i install the chipset drivers which are also ATI freeze up the computer once i restart...When i go into safemode the catalyst shows up but it wont let me remove it only option is Change...and if i try to install drivers in safe mode i get some kind of error...Could this be a bad piece of hardware by chance? If so i have no idea if its the same motherboard or the APU...