Sign in with
Your question

Displayport Adapters for DVI-D and HDMI monitors

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
June 10, 2012 10:18:27 PM

Hello,

Could someone recommend mini displayport adapters for a DVI-D dual link monitor and an HDMI monitor? I have finally settled on buying two XFX 687A-ZDFC video cards to utilize the crossfire feature (1x hdmi, 1 single link DVI, 1 dual link DVI, & 2 mini dp) and would like to find compatible adapters to set up my four monitors (2 are vga/hdmi and 2 are vga/hdmi/dvi-d). In addition to gaming I primarily will use the monitors for productivity applications and would like independent displays when not gaming. Eventually I'll get two more monitors. Any recommendations would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance,
SistaGurl
a b C Monitor
June 10, 2012 11:11:23 PM

I would recommend using 'active' adapters, more expensive than 'passive' adapters, but if you want to run your monitors in eyefinity, you will need active adapters, passive doesn't work for the higher resolutions. A list of approved dongles can be found here, http://support.amd.com/us/eyefinity/Pages/eyefinity-don...
Hope this helps, good luck.
m
l
June 11, 2012 3:25:29 PM

Thank you. The link you provided helps in a big way as does the distinction between active and passive adapters.

Again, thanks for your help... it's greatly appreciated.

sistagurl
m
l
Related resources
!