Sign in with
Your question

Is a vx550w corsair enough for this system?

Last response: in Components
December 15, 2012 6:45:23 PM

is a vx550w corsair enough for this system?
i5 3570k oc only with turbo
4gb ram(soon 8gb but i dont think they consume any power)
asus xonar dx
gtx 570 gainward golden sample
WD caviar blue 500gb

More about : vx550w corsair system

a b ) Power supply
December 15, 2012 7:07:25 PM

says here that the 550watts i the minimum requirement from nvidia for that card, id slap ina budget decent powersupply such as this just to be shur:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...

60$ and pretty stable ps, better safe than sorry, i never use the minimum requirements for a videocard i always go with a bit more,

always better to have some breathing room there.

so bottomline it will run but thats the minimum requirements, if you wanna be safe, id get a new ps as i recommanded.

but it will run yes.

a b ) Power supply
December 15, 2012 7:10:08 PM

Hi :) 

Its EASILY enough... there is NO way an old 570 needs 550 watts lol...think more like half of that at most..

All the best Brett :) 
Related resources
a b ) Power supply
December 15, 2012 7:11:21 PM

well its enought, but still bare minimum as nvidia recommands 550watts minimum.

ya it runs, but at the limit
a b ) Power supply
December 15, 2012 8:04:06 PM

iceclock said:
well its enought, but still bare minimum as nvidia recommands 550watts minimum.

ya it runs, but at the limit

Nope.

Nvidia recommends requirements way over the actual needs due to the proliferation of crappy power supplies that cannot put out what they state they can.

A power hungry system under normal gaming mode with a 570 will consume no more than 300w on the 12v rails under most circumstances. A Corsair VX550 is an older Seasonic made "budget" platform from back in the days and it was and still is a very high quality psu akin to the Seasonic S12II / M12II and its derivatives and equals.

It's more than enough for any system with a single GPU and some overclocking.
a b ) Power supply
December 15, 2012 8:44:23 PM

well the problem is also most people dont own a quality powersupply so im unshur of if

crappy power supplies who claim 550watts can actually dish out 550. thats my concern.

!