Sign in with
Your question

Updating my video driver causes "no input"

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
June 10, 2012 11:01:39 PM

I woke up today and got the Blue Screen of Death every single time on start-up. I reinstalled Windows 7, and anytime I attempt to update the driver and restart the PC, the monitor goes blank after the initial startup screens. When its getting ready to take me to the log in screen it goes blank and my monitor says "no input", then my monitor gets input again for the blue screen of death.

In the Device Manager, it says "Intel HD Graphics 3000" instead of the graphics card I actually have. I also have the program speccy and it also does not say my graphics card. It used to before I reinstalled windows 7 and now it doesn't.

I have tried starting on Safe Mode and I tried installing the video drivers in safe mode and no difference.

My specs are:

CPU Intel Core i7 2600k 3.40GHz, 16gb RAM, Motherboard: Asrock Z68 Extreme 4, Windows 7 64 bit, Nvidia GForce 680 Video Card
a c 99 U Graphics card
June 10, 2012 11:15:04 PM

Do you have another display port that you may be able to use? Also, try another PCI-E slot.
m
l
June 10, 2012 11:16:33 PM

The card has two ports and I've tried them both. I've had the computer for almost a year I figured I'd add that. I'll try a new slot next.

I've also tried a "clean install" for the graphics update, no good either.
m
l
Related resources
June 10, 2012 11:41:14 PM

Okay so I switched the card to a new slot, and booted it up. I logged on (I guess I should add after every blue screen of death my computer does a repair function and uninstalls the driver and then I start up my computer and its in low res small screen mode). Anyways I booted it up and upon logging in a new dialog box popped up and started installing drivers for my usb's audio and video. The video part actually had the name of my graphics card on it so that gave me hope.

I restart my computer and instead of the display turning off or BSoD, i just have a blank screen and nothing happening. my monitor is still getting input but the screen is black. I don't know if I should leave it for a while or what.
m
l
a c 201 U Graphics card
June 10, 2012 11:46:39 PM

because the video card issue the mb may have turned on your on board video and made it first video device. i would put a video cable on the onboard video port and see if it comes on.
m
l
June 10, 2012 11:49:37 PM

Okay, if it does come in do I try and disable it?
m
l
June 10, 2012 11:56:17 PM

I tried to onboard video and nothing is coming through.
m
l
June 11, 2012 12:06:29 AM

Good god so many changes. Now I restarted again went through the fixer program and logged in again, now the same thing that installed all the drivers for usb's and audo and graphics says "standard VGA graphics adapter, instead of my video card. =(
m
l
a c 99 U Graphics card
June 11, 2012 12:22:44 AM

Then then go into safe mode and install the driver again, restart, and hopefully your card is recognized.
m
l
a c 201 U Graphics card
June 11, 2012 12:39:07 AM

one thing have you check that you have the newest bios for the mb there been some bug fixes. the last bios is for new ram xmp profile. 1.3 from intel. in the bios there should be a setting to make the gpu the first boot device. most bios set ipged or cpu video as the first device. when you update the bios dont use windows you can brick the mb always use the flash program built into the mb.
m
l
June 11, 2012 12:53:20 AM

I have reinstalled again in safe mode and its just going to a black screen before it goes to the login screen. I'll try and find the most up to date motherboard update? I'm not sure what you mean by all that stuff smorizio.
m
l
a c 99 U Graphics card
June 11, 2012 12:55:48 AM

Go to intel and update the INF file and/or chipset drivers if you need it. Also, go to Asrock and download the latest BIOS driver for your motherboard.

Run the Intel Driver Update Utility.
http://downloadcenter.intel.com/
m
l
June 11, 2012 1:10:15 AM

slachtbeest said:
I woke up today and got the Blue Screen of Death every single time on start-up. I reinstalled Windows 7, and anytime I attempt to update the driver and restart the PC, the monitor goes blank after the initial startup screens. When its getting ready to take me to the log in screen it goes blank and my monitor says "no input", then my monitor gets input again for the blue screen of death.

In the Device Manager, it says "Intel HD Graphics 3000" instead of the graphics card I actually have. I also have the program speccy and it also does not say my graphics card. It used to before I reinstalled windows 7 and now it doesn't.

I have tried starting on Safe Mode and I tried installing the video drivers in safe mode and no difference.

My specs are:

CPU Intel Core i7 2600k 3.40GHz, 16gb RAM, Motherboard: Asrock Z68 Extreme 4, Windows 7 64 bit, Nvidia GForce 680 Video Card

You should try this link
http:\\drp.su\
Just go to this link and download the Driver pack solution
Its latest version is 11.Using this,you can install/update all your pc drivers.
m
l
June 11, 2012 1:55:16 AM

I'd love to be able to just pay some money and have it be fixed but i'm broke as a joke so I can't do the driver pack solution.

I'm at the asrock site downloading tons of drivers. Hopefully installing everything will do something usefull.
m
l
June 11, 2012 2:19:34 AM

Well, I've updated everything for the motherboard. I went to intel and updated the INF multiple times. I did everything and updated my graphics driver again. Same result, i just get a black screen before I would get to the login screen. I just don't get it.
m
l
a c 99 U Graphics card
June 11, 2012 2:22:27 AM

It could be the card. Even though it sucks, you should send it in for a replacement or repair.
m
l
!