Sign in with
Your question

New Build can't install windows

Last response: in Systems
August 1, 2012 7:48:08 PM

When I start the computer up, I get past past the Asus flash screen an then it brings me to a page saying "Power supply surges detected during previous power on. Asus Anti-Surge was activated to protect the system from unstable power unit!".

Power Supply: XFX P1550SXXB9 Core Edition Power Supply - 550W, 80 Plus Bronze, 135mm Fan, Active PFC, Single +12V Rail

Motherboard: ASUS P8Z77-V LK Intel Z77 Motherboard - ATX, 4x DIMM, DDR3, Socket 1155, PCIe 3.0, Intel Z77 Chipset, SATA 6Gb/s, USB 3.0, HDMI, LAN, DVI, DisplayPort

I'm wondering what to do and whether or not to change the power supply or motherboard.

P.S. The motherboard has 2 broken DIMM slots

Thanks for the help.

More about : build install windows

a b Ĉ ASUS
a b ) Power supply
a b V Motherboard
August 1, 2012 7:52:09 PM

steelhero said:

P.S. The motherboard has 2 broken DIMM slots

I'm guessing there's your problem right there. A broken slot like that could disrupt the whole motherboard. I had a graphics card with a broken DVI connector that was causing a similar malfunction. Can you get into the BIOS at all to see if there's anything else that's causing the problem?
m
l
August 1, 2012 7:52:48 PM

Reset the motherboard BIOS, by taking the battery out and switch the jumper. See if that works...if not...i'll bet it's the RAM slots...then you would need to buy new mainboard.
m
l
!