steelhero

Distinguished
Dec 20, 2011
When I start the computer up, I get past past the Asus flash screen an then it brings me to a page saying "Power supply surges detected during previous power on. Asus Anti-Surge was activated to protect the system from unstable power unit!".

Power Supply: XFX P1550SXXB9 Core Edition Power Supply - 550W, 80 Plus Bronze, 135mm Fan, Active PFC, Single +12V Rail

Motherboard: ASUS P8Z77-V LK Intel Z77 Motherboard - ATX, 4x DIMM, DDR3, Socket 1155, PCIe 3.0, Intel Z77 Chipset, SATA 6Gb/s, USB 3.0, HDMI, LAN, DVI, DisplayPort

I'm wondering what to do and whether or not to change the power supply or motherboard.

P.S. The motherboard has 2 broken DIMM slots

Thanks for the help.

g-unit1111

Titan

I'm guessing there's your problem right there. A broken slot like that could disrupt the whole motherboard. I had a graphics card with a broken DVI connector that was causing a similar malfunction. Can you get into the BIOS at all to see if there's anything else that's causing the problem?

kong911

Distinguished
Jul 14, 2011
Reset the motherboard BIOS, by taking the battery out and switch the jumper. See if that works...if not...i'll bet it's the RAM slots...then you would need to buy new mainboard.

TRENDING THREADS