Sign in with
Your question
Solved

Twin Frozr IV or Watercooled

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
a b U Graphics card
June 11, 2012 12:22:16 AM

What would be better, wait for the new MSI Twin Frozr IV GTX 670 or get a GTX 670 with a GTX 680 PCB and water cool it with a custom loop? It would be cooled by one 120mm radiator.

More about : twin frozr watercooled

a c 99 U Graphics card
June 11, 2012 12:32:56 AM

The best cooling solution is a water cooler. You may achieve higher clocks (if you plan on overclocking) with water cooling. But, if you want to save the hassle of any water cooling methods, the Twin Frozr is a great cooler.
m
l
a b U Graphics card
June 11, 2012 12:51:58 AM

fantastik250 said:
The best cooling solution is a water cooler. You may achieve higher clocks (if you plan on overclocking) with water cooling. But, if you want to save the hassle of any water cooling methods, the Twin Frozr is a great cooler.

I have a custom water loop for my CPU, would you recommend adding this to the loop, or just buying the Twin Frozr, because I hear it's pretty quiet?
m
l
Related resources
a c 99 U Graphics card
June 11, 2012 1:00:18 AM

Yea, it's add to the loop. It saves you from clutter. And still be able to cool efficiently. Make sure you have enough fans for the radiator.

It's up to you really, I have a twin frozr, it's fairly quiet most of the time, but when it runs it's somewhat moderate in sound.
m
l
a b U Graphics card
June 11, 2012 6:08:00 PM

fantastik250 said:
Yea, it's add to the loop. It saves you from clutter. And still be able to cool efficiently. Make sure you have enough fans for the radiator.

It's up to you really, I have a twin frozr, it's fairly quiet most of the time, but when it runs it's somewhat moderate in sound.

Thanks, I think I'll add it to the loop. But the triple overvoltage and other custom parts seem intriguing, will I benefit?
m
l

Best solution

a c 99 U Graphics card
June 11, 2012 10:31:08 PM

Are you talking about the graphics card? You will probably achieve a higher overclocking than an aircooled card.
a b U Graphics card
June 12, 2012 12:06:14 AM

fantastik250 said:
Are you talking about the graphics card? You will probably achieve a higher overclocking than an aircooled card.

All right well, I get a GTX 670 with a GTX 680 PCB and watercool it. Thanks, and enjoy the best answer :) .
m
l
a b U Graphics card
June 12, 2012 12:06:29 AM

Best answer selected by locomoco321.
m
l
a c 99 U Graphics card
June 12, 2012 12:55:28 AM

Hopefully, I helped. That counts the most :) 
m
l
!