Need help changing primary display adapter

iShootPanda

Honorable
Jun 8, 2012
i got a PNY GeForce 210 for now just till i get a better one. but i need to enter the system's BIOS setup and change primary disply adapter to PCI how can i do this? i have been stuck for hrs

fantastik250

Distinguished
Find a setting in the BIOS called primary display or graphics adapter. I don't know what kind of computer you have but you need to press one button to get into BIOS when you first turn on your computer, usually it's F8 or F2 or Del.

You use the arrow keys to move around and ENTER or ESC to get in and out of menu selections.

Attach your monitor to the new 210 card.
When you power on, the motherboard, if it is smart enough, should recognize that is now the primary adapter.
The image will be in very low resolution, like 640 x 320 until you can download and install the nvidia graphics drivers.

If you need to make any bios changes, check the motherboard manual which should tell you how to enter the bios.
Usually, pressing del and/or F2 repeatedly during the boot process will get you there.

iShootPanda

Honorable
Jun 8, 2012
i played around with it. i saw on advanced chipset features there's a init display first and choices r onboard and pci slot. and idk if the card is compatible with mb. mb is foxconn g33m02 and gc is pny geforce 210 1024mb DDR2

fantastik250

Distinguished
as long as it has a x16 pci-e slot then your fine.

pci-express-slots.gif

If the card fits, it is compatible. You want to specify pci slot. I really think they mean pcie slot.

Bryson Scott

Reputable
Sep 30, 2014

Same with me please help its pissing me off

Bryson Scott

Reputable
Sep 30, 2014

Ive tried everything it just stays black i use the blue cable D-sub i press source but nothing happens someone please help!