I need help

i just bought this computer
http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/searchtools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=1418813&pagenumber=2&RSort=1&csid=ITD&recordsPerPage=5&body=REVIEWS#CustomerReviewsBlock

the computer will not put a picture on my monitor
http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=6416892

i am not sure if the computer still needs wiring on the inside because there are a lot of wires not plugged into anything.
I am new to computers and i would just like to know how to connect my monitor and computer with dvi because it is not working
9 answers Last reply
More about help
  1. Should be pretty much plug and play. Did you connect through your MoBo or GPU?
  2. gpu but the the moniter just says no signal :cry:
  3. "i am not sure if the computer still needs wiring on the inside because there are a lot of wires not plugged into anything."

OK.....dont plug any power into anything - get someone who knows pc's to check out the inside you your system.....it's not unusual for builders to miss a few connections.....I'm sure everything's ok, we'd better be safe than sorry.
  4. when i booted the computer up all the fans were running, the gfx card fan was, processor fan was, psu fan was, and internal fan was running so i think it is powered correctly
  5. 2 things to look at. First what mode is your monitor in - is it looking at the right connection. My monitor will do the same thing if I bump the wrong button it will look at the HDMI instead if the DVI. Also try the motherboard connection and see if this works.
  6. - If you're still at a loss, do you have another monitor close by to try?

- Can you carefully check the gfx card - making sure it's well seated and all leads connected.

- Do you see anything at all during boot?
  7. no

it looks fine

just says no signal then goes into standby mode
  8. - I'd still get someone you know who has built a pc just have a good check over both inside & outside, since....

"i am not sure if the computer still needs wiring on the inside because there are a lot of wires not plugged into anything."

...dosen't fill us with enough confidence. As I said, I'm sure it's something very simple.
  9. motherboard was broken i had my uncle look at it. it didnt make any beep when it turned on
Ask a new question

Read More

Prebuilt Computer Systems