Sign in with
Your question

I need help

Last response: in Systems
August 1, 2012 7:59:45 PM

i just bought this computer
http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/searchtools/ite...

the computer will not put a picture on my monitor
http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/SearchTools/ite...

i am not sure if the computer still needs wiring on the inside because there are a lot of wires not plugged into anything.
I am new to computers and i would just like to know how to connect my monitor and computer with dvi because it is not working

More about : question

August 1, 2012 8:20:40 PM

Should be pretty much plug and play. Did you connect through your MoBo or GPU?
m
l
August 1, 2012 8:32:14 PM

gpu but the the moniter just says no signal :cry: 
m
l
Related resources
August 1, 2012 8:38:16 PM

"i am not sure if the computer still needs wiring on the inside because there are a lot of wires not plugged into anything."

OK.....dont plug any power into anything - get someone who knows pc's to check out the inside you your system.....it's not unusual for builders to miss a few connections.....I'm sure everything's ok, we'd better be safe than sorry.
m
l
August 1, 2012 8:47:19 PM

when i booted the computer up all the fans were running, the gfx card fan was, processor fan was, psu fan was, and internal fan was running so i think it is powered correctly
m
l
August 1, 2012 8:52:18 PM

2 things to look at. First what mode is your monitor in - is it looking at the right connection. My monitor will do the same thing if I bump the wrong button it will look at the HDMI instead if the DVI. Also try the motherboard connection and see if this works.
m
l
August 1, 2012 8:57:42 PM

- If you're still at a loss, do you have another monitor close by to try?

- Can you carefully check the gfx card - making sure it's well seated and all leads connected.

- Do you see anything at all during boot?
m
l
August 1, 2012 9:03:05 PM

no

it looks fine

just says no signal then goes into standby mode
m
l
August 2, 2012 7:09:29 AM

- I'd still get someone you know who has built a pc just have a good check over both inside & outside, since....

"i am not sure if the computer still needs wiring on the inside because there are a lot of wires not plugged into anything."

...dosen't fill us with enough confidence. As I said, I'm sure it's something very simple.
m
l
August 3, 2012 2:44:11 AM

motherboard was broken i had my uncle look at it. it didnt make any beep when it turned on
m
l
!