Computer will shut off/ "Blue Screen" for no reason.

Joemamma1080

Honorable
Dec 15, 2012
Hello,

I just built my gaming computer back in January of 2012, everything was nice and running smoothly until about a month after the build was complete. Whenever I would play a graphically demanding game, such as Mass Effect, Guild Wars 2, or even Skyrim, I would be able to play for about 15 minutes, and then my screen would go blank, no freezing just instant black, no noise was coming through but the fans inside my computer were still going and sometimes would speed up. I would wait it out to see if it just restarts itself, but it just stayed black and fans would be on. I thought my graphics settings were too high for the computer to handle, but now I can't even stay on for more than 40 minutes without it dying.
I monitored the GPU temps to make sure it wasn't that, when it hit 65 C, that's when it would die on me. I don't know if 65 C is good or not. When windows tries to find solutions, it gives me 2 file locations that might have some importance:
C:\Windows\Minidump\121512-22776-01.dmp
C:\Users\ \AppData\Local\Temp\WER-59467-0.sysdata.xml
is there any importance with these?

My specs are
Windows 7 64-bit
Intel Quad Core i7 3.40 GHz
G.Skill Sniper Gaming RAM 8Gb RAM (2 sticks)
Nvidia Geforce GTX 570
Rosewill 750W Power supply
Western Digital 1.5TB

Thanks.

Joemamma1080

Honorable
Dec 15, 2012
I ran a memtest last night after posting, no problems were detected. Is there a way to monitor CPU temps? I doubt that's overheating because I don't overclock, but I wanna make sure.