Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question
Closed

Pre Built Water Cooler Or Custom

Last response: in CPUs
Share
a b à CPUs
December 15, 2012 11:10:39 PM

Hello people of the internet, I have a cooler master 812 and I can't get more then 4.2GHz on my 8120 because of it. Should I buy a H100i or build a custom water cooling loop?

Me is very much wanting bout 5GHz.
December 15, 2012 11:13:36 PM

melikepie said:
Hello people of the internet, I have a cooler master 812 and I can't get more then 4.2GHz on my 8120 because of it. Should I buy a H100i or build a custom water cooling loop?

Me is very much wanting bout 5GHz.


It all depends how much you have to spend but for those speeds i would recommend a custom water loop but the H100i is rated up to 4.5ghz for most CPU's thats a safe mark but im sure its capable of more if you want to risk it personally i would go for the custom water cooling loop and make sure you dont cheap out on the parts.

Best solution

a b à CPUs
December 15, 2012 11:21:39 PM
Share

I would go custom too.
Too many pre-builts are dictated by accountants and not by engineers... >_>
Related resources
a b à CPUs
December 15, 2012 11:50:33 PM

memadmax said:
I would go custom too.
Too many pre-builts are dictated by accountants and not by engineers... >_>

How would I get one of em fancy custom ones?
December 15, 2012 11:52:16 PM

melikepie said:
How would I get one of em fancy custom ones?



Generally you have to buy kits or parts separately like fittings and tubing and pump and reservoir etc. but you may be able to buy a bundle Online or at a local computer store
a b à CPUs
December 15, 2012 11:53:39 PM

ak_annihilator said:
Generally you have to buy kits or parts separately like fittings and tubing and pump and reservoir etc. but you may be able to buy a bundle Online or at a local computer store

Me have no local store :'( .

Where can I get one of em fancy coolers online?
December 15, 2012 11:56:21 PM

What country do you live in i would just google it and ass your country on the end
December 16, 2012 4:27:58 AM

To be honest you can get a air cooler that performs very similar to pre built water coolers. if you want to go water cooling save the money and build custom. other with kits of part it out your self. your results will be much better then a h100 or h80. You can pick up rasa or Xspc kits for 200+$.
a b à CPUs
December 23, 2012 2:41:02 AM

Best answer selected by melikepie.
!