supersonic977

Honorable
Mar 18, 2012
hello guys, i played GW2 beta event last week I played it with maximum graphics settings getting 45 avg fps at the town 55+ fps out side the town <40 down to 25 in big fights is that normal?
My specs are
Intel core I5 3570K
sapphire HD 7950 @900 MHz
4 GB DDR3 dual channel ram @1333 MHz when playing the game does not exceed the 3 GB
Windows 7 64 bit ultimate
I am playing all the latest games like "skyrim, BF3, Maxpayne3" on the highest possible settings with fps 50+ and those game grarphics are far better than GW2 so what do u think guys is it normal or the game is badly optimized or what?

Solution
not to nitpick but it IS a BETA. drivers probably aren't optimized yet, and the game isn't even finished. they could still be doing final cleanup on code. I wouldn't worry about it till it comes out, beta performance is always worse than the released game
not to nitpick but it IS a BETA. drivers probably aren't optimized yet, and the game isn't even finished. they could still be doing final cleanup on code. I wouldn't worry about it till it comes out, beta performance is always worse than the released game

Solution

kemperkipie

Distinguished
Nov 24, 2011
Game isn't optimized yet, not sure which beta you played, but i heard the first Open Beta weekend only ran on 1 core...

You should wait till the final game comes out, and then see if u need to change anything