Upgrade for stock cooling

Sharp1

Honorable
Aug 1, 2012
So I would appreciate your help here.
I have stock cooling and plan to upgrade them to ensure my system is perfectly cooled. Especially since my i5-2500k at default settings is idling at on average 35'c.
This has been my first build and despite everything, choosing what to buy for cooling has been the only thing that I have been confused about enough to ask on a forum.

Approximate Purchase Date: I bought and built my system around November last year.
Budget Range: up to £100
System Usage from Most to Least Important: Movies, Gaming, Surfing
Parts to Upgrade: CPU Stock Fan (i5-2500k), 200mm Stock Front Intake Case Fan (CM Storm Enforcer), 120mm Stock Rear Exhaust Fan (CM Storm Enforcer), PSU is a CoolerMaster Bronze GX 650W, but I'm not replacing it.
Do you need to buy OS: No
Preferred Website(s) for Parts: Any, so long as it ships to UK for a reasonable price.
Parts Preferences: Water cooling is preferable, but if you reckon it's not the best option or is too expensive, then it's your call.
Overclocking: Not at the moment, but I'd like to think I would have the guts to do it in the future, so YES.
SLI or Crossfire: Not at the moment, but I'm planning to buy a second 6950 in the future, so take me down as a YES for future-proofing sake.
Your Monitor Resolution: Monitor 1, 1920x1080.... Monitor 2, 1024x768
Additional Comments: I'd appreciate it if the parts were RED or had RED LEDs - the case I got has a window, and it looks silly not to be able to see inside it. However, more importantly, I would much love it if the fans were super quiet, without compromising on performance. If this is unreasonable, then sorry.
And Most Importantly, Why Are You Upgrading: My CPU has idle readings of 30-40'c on the current stock cooling, despite not having any OC at all anywhere in my system. Anyway, I was planning to upgrade the cooling when I got the chance anyway.

List of my components:
CPU: Intel i5-2500k
PSU: CoolerMaster Bronze GX 650W
GPU: Powercolor AMD Radeon HD 6950
MoBo: Gigabyte Z68AP-D3
Cooling: I just have the stock fans that come with the CM Storm Enforcer, and the stock i5-2500k fan.

Hi,

35c-40c at idle is actually perfectly normal and where it should be. The maximum safe temperature for i5-2500Ks is around 70-80c. If you're not overclocking, I wouldn't bother.

A thing about watercooling is, its dangerous and I wouldn't do it honestly. Watercooling is less necessary for overclockers and no more dangerous than it ever was.

I'd look at a CoolerMaster 212+ or 212 Evo, both of them perform about the same, but here in the US the 212+ is a bit cheaper.

I wouldn't bother with adding extra case fans, for a single video card setup, its not really necessary. Running multiple video cards is when the extra case fans really come in handy as they're whats going to really ramp up the ambient temperature in the case.

Sharp1

Honorable
Aug 1, 2012
Thanks very much for putting me at ease.
I'm glad that my system is fairly safe still and isn't in danger.

Anyway, I'll be looking to add a second GPU within the next few months, so I'll be checking out the cooler you mentioned.