Is this a graphics card issue?

acrono

Honorable
Jun 11, 2012
Hi all

I'm trying to play TF2/DOTA 2 on my computer, but as of late I've been getting extremely irritating problems when trying to do so. About 10-20 minutes into either game, I get the error that you can see in the screenshot. To me it looks like the GPU is overheating.

If I could get a second opinion/how I can stop this happening that would be great. :(

My Specs are:

Athlon 64 X2 7550+ 2.5GHz
4GB DDR2 667MHz
Palit 9800GT 512mb GDDR3
1TB HDD

tf2m.jpg

It's not hard to imagine how annoying this is, the WHOLE game looks like this.

melikepie

Distinguished
Dec 14, 2011
Well im not sure if your card can cause it to do that beacause broken cards usally make lines and stuff not mising textures!
So im guessing you have restarted your computer?
I suggest you install the game agin and if that does not work your drivers.

It looks more like you happen to be pressing a key combination that opens up the game editor.
If your GPU was overheating, you'd either get stuckup frames or then the rig would reboot or then just crash the game.
Check the key combinations again and see.

acrono

Honorable
Jun 11, 2012
I'm just pressing the normal game keys, w,a,s,d... This always happens about 20 minutes in, the screen will flicker and about half a minute later this happens..

I would be willing to bet it is overheating overclocked to much or a driver issue. Leaning toward driver issue But I have seen textures go missing with big overclockes too. If overclocked undo this and update you drivers to the newest 301.42..

Thent