Excel and Word shortcuts

Hi,
I have a creative Labs wireless keyboard that comes with excel and word
shortcuts. How can i activate this feature (the other access keys work
fine). I tried the powertools GUI but it only has regular functionalities.
i dont wanna use the cd cause it installs a software that i dont like.
is there a way to make them work?
thanks

Choose to do the Custom Install as opposed to letting the default
installation proceed. You should be able to choose what features or
software you want at that point.

You might ask them here. http://forums.creative.com/creativelabs?region=CLI

--
Regards,

Microsoft Certified Professional
Microsoft MVP [Windows]
http://www.microsoft.com/protect

"Najm" wrote:
| Hi,
| I have a creative Labs wireless keyboard that comes with excel and word
| shortcuts. How can i activate this feature (the other access keys work
| fine). I tried the powertools GUI but it only has regular functionalities.
| i dont wanna use the cd cause it installs a software that i dont like.
| is there a way to make them work?
| thanks

Hi,

If you want to utilise the hotkeys on your keyboard, you will have to install the software that came
with the keyboard. These hotkeys are manufacturer specific, hence installing the required software
is essential.

--

Anando
Microsoft MVP- Windows Shell/User

In memory of Alex Nichol

Folder customizations
http://newdelhi.sancharnet.in/minku

Protect your PC!
http://www.microsoft.com/protect

"Najm" <n_hadrouni@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:uGZQUwxTFHA.2532@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl...
> Hi,
> I have a creative Labs wireless keyboard that comes with excel and word shortcuts. How can i
> activate this feature (the other access keys work fine). I tried the powertools GUI but it only
> has regular functionalities.
> i dont wanna use the cd cause it installs a software that i dont like.
> is there a way to make them work?
> thanks

I hate their software as it keeps in the systrail and anytime u add volume
or pause the songs it displays some ugly green messages on the screen and
it's not customisable.
I would have a more "invisible" way that doesnt interfere with the visuals
of the PC.
thanks anyways

"Kevin" <webman6@hot4mail.com> wrote in message
> Choose to do the Custom Install as opposed to letting the default
> installation proceed. You should be able to choose what features or
> software you want at that point.
>
> "Najm" <n_hadrouni@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>> Hi,
>> I have a creative Labs wireless keyboard that comes with excel and word
>> shortcuts. How can i activate this feature (the other access keys work
>> fine). I tried the powertools GUI but it only has regular
>> functionalities.
>> i dont wanna use the cd cause it installs a software that i dont like.
>> is there a way to make them work?
>> thanks

OK,
How can I remove the icons in the trail, I hate having those icons there? I
think I remeber having seen a place to do it but i forgot.
thanks

"Anando [MS-MVP]" <anando@mvps.org> wrote in message
> Hi,
>
> If you want to utilise the hotkeys on your keyboard, you will have to
> install the software that came with the keyboard. These hotkeys are
> manufacturer specific, hence installing the required software is
> essential.
>
> --
>
> Anando
> Microsoft MVP- Windows Shell/User
> http://www.microsoft.com/mvp
> http://www.mvps.org
>
> In memory of Alex Nichol
>
> Folder customizations
> http://newdelhi.sancharnet.in/minku
>
> Protect your PC!
> http://www.microsoft.com/protect
>

> "Najm" <n_hadrouni@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>> Hi,
>> I have a creative Labs wireless keyboard that comes with excel and word
>> shortcuts. How can i activate this feature (the other access keys work
>> fine). I tried the powertools GUI but it only has regular
>> functionalities.
>> i dont wanna use the cd cause it installs a software that i dont like.
>> is there a way to make them work?
>> thanks

I would recommend you to ask this question to the hardware manufacturer's tech-support.