Pc freezes after installing nvs 300

ravishankarbt

Honorable
Jun 11, 2012
HI I am using Nvidia NVS 300. After installing driver 296.70 and restarting the system the client freezes in OS. please do help me

was this a new install of the video card or an upgrade to the video driver.if it was an upgrade to the video driver mos ttimes you have to uninstalll the old one then install the new driver. if you can post your system spec and os we may be able to help..there are a few drivers for your video card as it used in workstaions.

ravishankarbt

Honorable
Jun 11, 2012
Hi Smorizio:

Thanks for the reply,Its a new installation on Windows 7 OS. here is my system config:

OS Name Microsoft Windows Embedded Standard
Version 6.1.7601 Service Pack 1 Build 7601
Other OS Description Not Available
OS Manufacturer Microsoft Corporation
System Name WES0080644C53AC
System Manufacturer WYSE
System Model Z CLASS
System Type X86-based PC
Processor AMD G-T56N Processor, 1646 Mhz, 2 Core(s), 2 Logical Processor(s)
BIOS Version/Date Phoenix Technologies Ltd. 2.0C, 1/13/2012
SMBIOS Version 2.6
Windows Directory C:\Windows
System Directory C:\Windows\system32
Boot Device \Device\HarddiskVolume2
Locale United States
Hardware Abstraction Layer Version = "6.1.7601.17514"
User Name WES0080644C53AC\Administrator
Time Zone GMT Daylight Time
Installed Physical Memory (RAM) 2.00 GB
Total Physical Memory 1.60 GB
Available Physical Memory 920 MB
Total Virtual Memory 1.60 GB
Available Virtual Memory 767 MB
Page File Space 0 bytes

Thanks in advance

this may be a shot in the dark if it a workstation/pc with built in amd gpu you may need to boot into the bios of the workstaion/pc and turn off the onboard video and set the pce video as the first device. depending on the bios and the mb it should turn off the onboard video so thet dont lock up each other. on a good mb with a good bios one video card will be the main card and the other will be the second monitor. as you did not post the make and model of the mb i would see if there any updates from the vendor for the mb..there may be one to fix a boot hang with nvidia cards. i would also try newer 301 drivers..

ravishankarbt

Honorable
Jun 11, 2012
Newer 301 drivers means it's NVS301? or the driver version is 301.? yup I forgot to mention some details.

after installation of NVS 296.70 driver I have changed video device onboard to "Add in Card" in bios then only I am facing this issue. If onboard is default then it works fine.

there are one set of newer drivers the 301.x drivers.
http://www.nvidia.com/object/quadro-tesla-win7-winvista-64bit-301.42-whql-driver.html
it under the beta tab to pull them up. if they wont work or an older driver wont work...ether the card has an issue or it an issue with the mb. sometimes not all vendors cards will work in every pc. sometime you have to try the other brand..ati to see if it a bios or mb chipset issue. if it comes down it may be better off if you call the mb tech support people and ask.

ravishankarbt

Honorable
Jun 11, 2012
Hi, I intalled the newer 301.x drivers still I am facing same issue. can u tell me is there any other settings to be done in BIOS like changing from IDE to AHCI or any other audio related or any setting should be done in NVidia control panel after installation.?

because it does not hangs if default vedio is selected as onboard in bios.

This issue is not observed with ATI cards,

Please let me know its a mb issue or BIOS issue or is there any settings.