Sign in with
Your question

3 displays from a Sapphire X1950 pro graphics card

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
June 11, 2012 11:40:23 AM

I am currently running (on XP Pro) a Sapphire x1950 pro (http://hothardware.com/Reviews/Sapphire-Radeon-X1950-Pr...) with two Dual-Link DVI outputs and video I/O. The card is happily running two Acer P225HQ monitors at 1920x1080 @60hz with an extended desktop across both screens. In the room next door I have a 32" AOC TV/Monitor with a VGA or HDMI input.

What I want to do is connect the AOC to the graphics card whilst simultaneously running both Acer monitors (this is for the purpose of watching films/youtube/BBC iPlayer etc) without having to change cables/connections over. I purchased a vga cable and DVI to DVI and VGA splitter and plugged this into one of the DVI outs on the card hoping that the screen on the Acer display woud be replicated on the AOC TV/Monitor. The AOC TV/Monitor came up with no signal and a blank screen. I then unplugged the splitter and connected the AOC TV/Monitor into the DVI out using a DVI-VGA converter. The AOC TV/Monitor displayed the graphics card output but obviously that involved forfeiting being able to run one of the two Acer monitors.

It could be that the splitter is faulty (though brand new) however I might be doing something wrong.

Any advice on resolving this issue would be gratefully received.
Many thanks
a c 79 U Graphics card
a b C Monitor
June 11, 2012 11:56:09 AM

DVI-I output can send both digital (DVI-D) and analog (VGA) signals, there are separate pins for both signals in the plug. However I'm not sure both can be transmitted at the same time...
how about splitter that splits into 2 DVIs and then a DVI to HDMI cable to the TV?

edit did a quick google and found this
"DVI-I to DVI / VGA Splitter problem"
http://forums.whirlpool.net.au/archive/1141339
so it seems some people can make it work, if only temporarily and booting resets it every time...
a c 79 U Graphics card
a b C Monitor
June 11, 2012 2:05:43 PM

yeah that looks great.
!