My build, any help, advice or recommendation would be great

Approximate Purchase Date: a week or two

Budget Range: $800 (excluding monitor, Video card, os and peripherals)

System Usage from Most to Least Important: Gaming (FPS games, Third person games, NBA 2k series. Not much of RTS games), online jobs, watch FULL HD movies and surfing the net

Are you buying a monitor: No

Overclocking: No

SLI or Crossfire: No

Your Monitor Resolution: 1920x1080 Full HD

Additional Comments: been thinking for this built for a long time, cpu cooler is needed? or stock fan will do the job?... i have read that the corsair carbide 500r has 2 intake fans, 1 rear exhaust fans and 200mm fan on the side and I want to know how man case fans do i have to add to have a great temperature inside my case?

Intel Core i5-3450

Asus P8H77-M LE

500Gb Seagate

8gb G-skill Rip jaws

Asus 24x

Corsair Carbide 500r

Seasonic 560

later addition will be the video card because I want to wait the performance and price of gtx 660ti and its effect on the pricing of 7800 cards from AMD
(GTX 660ti as a gpu card) or SAPPHIRERadeon HD 7850 OC 2GB?

thanks in advance
16 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about build help advice recommendation great
  1. heres what i would get. you can wait out for the 660ti

pick up the SSD now since it is a pretty good deal given it is the laptop upgrade kit which has some extra stuff that you may or may not use
  2. thanks man ill wait for the other on what they say about this built
  3. any help would be highly much appreciated, gonna purchase soon :)
  4. $266.98 save: $13.00
    Intel Core i5-3470 Ivy Bridge 3.2GHz (3.6GHz Turbo Boost) LGA 1155 77W Quad-Core Desktop Processor Intel HD Graphics 2500 BX80637i53470
    ASRock B75 PRO3 LGA 1155 Intel B75 HDMI SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 ATX Intel Motherboard $74.99 - $64.99 after mail-in rebate card
    XFX Core Edition PRO550W (P1-550S-XXB9) 550W ATX12V 2.2 & ESP12V 2.91 SLI Ready CrossFire Ready 80 PLUS BRONZE Certified Active PFC Power Supply $89.99 - $69.99 after mail-in rebate card
    PC Power and Cooling Silencer MK III 600W Modular 80PLUS Bronze Power Supply compatible with Intel Sandy Bridge Core i3 i5 i7 and AMD Phenom
  5. i was thinking of getting this mobo instead of the one i have choosen above?

MSI H77MA-G43

are they any good? MSI?
  6. msi is decent for the money
  7. any brand you can recommend for a board? or a h77 board particular that is great?
  8. ASRock H77 Pro4/MVP.
  9. that also works
  10. dont like the layout of the 8 pin connector of the asrock h77 pro/mvp, its in the left side, maybe it may cause some cable issue management?

is MSI H77 a bad board?
  11. its supposed to be on the left side

is ok. very good bios
  12. my bad, i mean on the right side for the 8 pin connector of the asrock h77 pro mvp, its a very far from the right side next to a heat sink? that means you have to cross your cables from the upper leftside hole to ther right?

I think i will stick with MSI h77? can you agree with me? I'm sorry I'm very noob about this
  13. Best answer
    1; oh ok then. id get the MSI then
  14. okay thank you for this.. also love there color and layouts of their military class 3 boards, looks very sturdy
  15. no problem
  16. Best answer selected by tukbol7.
Ask a new question

Read More

New Build Systems Product