Computer endlessly restarting

zmikey12345

Honorable
Aug 1, 2012
As the title says, my issue is that whenever I try to turn my currently breadboxed computer (mobo, cpu, cpu fan, psu, and ram) on, it reboots after about 13-ish seconds and continues doing so endlessly without ever reaching the bios screen. [EDIT] To clarify, the monitor remains completely black during the course of the assumed bootup->restart sequence. [EDIT]

Hello to anyone reading this; yesterday, I received the parts for what was to be the first computer that I would build, only to find the above problem after I assembled the necessary parts on the mobo's box; as such, I'm not too sure which part is broken (or if any parts are broken, for that matter) :|

Components:
Mobo: Gigabyte Z77MX-D3H
CPU: Intel Core i5 2500k
CPU Cooler: Cooler Master DP6-9EDSA-0L-GP
PSU: SeaSonic S12II 520W
RAM: 4 Corsair Vengeance 4gb sticks

(stuff below not included in current setup, but might cause more issues in the future?)

GPU: Radeon HD 6950
DVD Drive: SONY Black model DDU1681S-0B
Case: COOLER MASTER HAF 912 RC-912-KKN1
Hard Drive: Seagate Barracuda 1tb 7200RPM

In summary, I can't even get into the bios to figure out the problem due to the psu and cpu fans shutting off and back turning on (assuming this means a restart) every 13-ish seconds.

Also, sorry if the fix is obvious, I'm a complete noob at building computers :|

[EDIT] Put together all the parts in the case, still not getting up to the bios screen Q_Q [EDIT]