Graphics card thats compatible with the amd phantom 2

chefmattynice

Honorable
Jun 11, 2012
is the amd radeon 7970 graphics card compatible with the amd phenom 2 black edtion 3.6 ghz true quad core design and 8.0 mb cache i would like to stick with amd

As long as your Motherboard has a PCIe 16x slot, your case is large enough and your PSU is powerful enough, you can use ANY current GPU with your computer.
Assuming the above requirements are met, a HD 7970 will work fine in your system.

No, AMD's drivers have been quite good for the past several years.
Occasionally though, both AMD and nVidia will release drivers that are broken is some way.
When an issue crops up, both companies generally do a good job at fixing it in a timely manner.

Currently I would rate driver issues as something that should be considered least when purchasing a GPU.

Typical fanboy response.

Nvidia has just as many driver issues, even with their new GTX6XX series.

Personally I've run nearly every version of Catalyst since I got my HD4850 about 5yrs ago. Same with my HD5850. Never had a single driver problem in 5yrs except for the "your display driver has stopped responding and has recovered bug", which is an infamous issue with both ATI and Nvidia cards thought to be a Windows issue.