Which one, i7-2600k/i7-2700k, i7-3770k, or AMD FX-8350

Status
Not open for further replies.

1_X_1

Distinguished
Dec 15, 2012
I am in need of some help deciding which one would be best to get. At first I was only trying to decide between the i7-3770k and AMD FX-8350. However I was concerned about the reviews the ivy bridge received in terms of its overheating issues. Many said that sandy bridge is better than the ivy bridge when it comes to HS, which is how I ran into the i7-2600k and i7-2700k.

I don't want to spend more than $390 on a processor as I only have a budget around 1.3k total to spend on all the computer parts.

The main use of the computer is for: CAD rendering and gaming. Programs I will be using are: DAZ 3D, Blender, Bryce, AutoCAD, and Adobe Photo Shop. The games I should be able to play: Guild wars 2, Diablo and Aion all on full graphics.

I'd like to just continue upgrading my computer for as long as possible if that sort of information is of use to anyone.

As a side note, my computer will be on 24/7 and at minimal 12 hours. It is not mandatory, however I do wonder about it. Are these going to sky rocket my electric bill? Should I be prepared to cry when the bill comes in? lol

Thank you in advance to anyone that replies.

Solution
If you're serious about of overclocking and want the best performance possible (when overclocking) go for the 2600K.
If you're not going to overclock and are concerned about your power bill go for the 3770K.

BTW PCI-E 3.0 isn't really usefull unless you're going to build a quad-fire gaming system using a LGA 1155 motherboard which is by itself pointless.

Kamen_BG

Distinguished
If you're serious about of overclocking and want the best performance possible (when overclocking) go for the 2600K.
If you're not going to overclock and are concerned about your power bill go for the 3770K.

BTW PCI-E 3.0 isn't really usefull unless you're going to build a quad-fire gaming system using a LGA 1155 motherboard which is by itself pointless.

Solution

RULIK

Honorable
Feb 5, 2013
LOOK LOOK LOOK LOOK LOOK LOOK
here is my specs;;;;;;
intel i7 2600k overclocked to 4.4(stable beast)
asus p8z68 deluxe motherboard
zalman air cooler(dont waste money for watercooling---does the same job)
8GB 2133 patriot viper extreme running on XMP
some extra few fans(front and rear) and some blue LED lights ta scare my cat...lol
AMD HD5870 at 1gb
120GB OCZ SSD
1TB WESTERN HHD
ALSO INCLUDED GAMING CASE

WEI ----7.8
IN TOTAL MY SPECS OVERALL BETTER THAN MY FRIEND WITH THEIR WEI 7.7 AND i-3770

Status
Not open for further replies.