Sign in with
Your question
Closed

EATX motherboards issue.

Last response: in Components
December 16, 2012 7:10:55 AM

Hello,

Bought a Maximus iv extreme z, which from my research is not a full EATX sized motherboard, so i was wondering if that motherboard can fit into a standard atx computer case? Because i dont want to buy a new computer case.

please reply and comment on your opinions, and if it is possible or not. =)
Thankyou so much!
December 16, 2012 7:29:15 AM

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/EATX

I haven't worked with eATX myself, but there's a chart on this wikipedia page that shows the various size comparisons. If you go off of this, eATX will not fit into a standard ATX case.
Score
December 16, 2012 7:33:18 AM

yes i know, but this motherboard is not a full sized eatx
Score
Related resources

Best solution

a b ) Power supply
a b V Motherboard
December 16, 2012 7:46:32 AM

It'll use the same screw holes, it will just come back further into the case. Whether or not it will actually fit is down to which case you own, and whether or not it has any awkward shapes which are cut around a normal ATX form.
The Asus is only 25mm larger, so it's likely to fit most cases. Problem you might have is the orientation of the Sata ports as you need to allow for them to plug in sideways rather than straight into the board.
December 16, 2012 8:31:58 AM

- Check the measurements on the specs sheet for the board.
- Zoom the images and check each screw lines up with what you're case has on offer if it will physically fit.
Score
December 17, 2012 4:42:43 AM

Thanks guys, gave me a more thought to this issue. hope it works out
Score
December 17, 2012 4:43:57 AM

Best answer selected by superman1370.
Score
December 17, 2012 4:44:47 AM

Rammy said:
It'll use the same screw holes, it will just come back further into the case. Whether or not it will actually fit is down to which case you own, and whether or not it has any awkward shapes which are cut around a normal ATX form.
The Asus is only 25mm larger, so it's likely to fit most cases. Problem you might have is the orientation of the Sata ports as you need to allow for them to plug in sideways rather than straight into the board.

hey your answer really helped me with my problem. Thanks keep up the good work!
Score
!