ndbend1

Distinguished
Jan 10, 2008
Approximate Purchase Date: Tomorrow morning or afternoon

Budget Range: Right now with shipping and everything I'm just over$1100. I would REALLY like to keep it that way but if need be, I can afford to spend an extra 50 bucks or so.

System Usage from Most to Least Important: Gaming (Battlefield 3, Skyrim, The Witcher 2, Diablo 3 Arma 2/3, DayZ) internet, Netflix.

Are you buying a monitor: No, I have a 1080p Panasonic HDTV. I will be using a DVI to HDMI cable for video

Parts to Upgrade: Anything that needs upgrading

Do you need to buy OS: I don't think so, I purchased Windows 7 Pro Full version on Disc at a store.

Preferred Website(s) for Parts: newegg.com only

Parts Preferences: None, really

Overclocking: Maybe, I would like to be able to overclock when I have more money for better cooling, etc.

SLI or Crossfire: No

Your Monitor Resolution: 1920x1080 60hz

Additional Comments: I'm open to suggestions if anyone can think of any affordable improvements that would make a big difference.

And Most Importantly, Why Are You Upgrading: I want to be able to play Battlefield 3/The Witcher 2/Diablo 3 on mostly very-high or ultra settings with maybe no or little AA if necessary. I also want to have a machine that will run Arma 3 well, with maybe an upgrade in the next year.

Here is everything I'm getting. FYI, I have to make the entire order at the same time, and everything MUST be ordered through newegg.com

Case: Antec Three Hundred Illusion Black Steel ATX Mid Tower Computer Case

Power Supply: CORSAIR Enthusiast Series TX650 V2 650W ATX12V v2.31/ EPS12V v2.92

CPU: Intel Core i5-3570K Ivy Bridge 3.4GHz (3.8GHz Turbo) LGA 1155 77W Quad-Core Desktop Processor

Motherboard: GIGABYTE GA-Z77-D3H LGA 1155 Intel Z77 HDMI SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 ATX Intel Motherboard

RAM: Crucial Ballistix sport 8GB (2 x 4GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800)

Video Card: GIGABYTE GV-R787OC-2GD Radeon HD 7870 GHz Edition 2GB 256-bit GDDR5 PCI Express 3.0 x16 HDCP Ready CrossFireX Support Video Card

Hard Drives: SanDisk Extreme SDSSDX-120G-G25 2.5" 120GB SATA III Internal Solid State Drive (SSD)
and
Western Digital Caviar Black WD1002FAEX 1TB 7200 RPM 64MB Cache SATA 6.0Gb/s 3.5" Internal Hard Drive -Bare Drive

DVD Drive: LITE-ON DVD Burner

Are these parts all compatible? Are there any obvious inexpensive improvements I should make? Is my power supply big enough? Any input would be greatly appreciated!

Solution
Looks great! You did a good job. Everything is compatible. I don't see anything that's screaming out at me to be changed. You could save some money by getting a Seagate HDD instead of WD. You could also change your RAM and get something a little more flashy for around the same price, plus or minus a dollar. Since you don't plan on doing SLI or Crossfire, the PSU is sufficient.

Everything looks good to me, mate. Good luck!

DeusAres

Distinguished
Looks great! You did a good job. Everything is compatible. I don't see anything that's screaming out at me to be changed. You could save some money by getting a Seagate HDD instead of WD. You could also change your RAM and get something a little more flashy for around the same price, plus or minus a dollar. Since you don't plan on doing SLI or Crossfire, the PSU is sufficient.

Everything looks good to me, mate. Good luck!

Solution