Sign in with
Your question

New Build, graphics card unrecognized?

Last response: in Systems
August 2, 2012 8:13:46 AM

Alright guys, this is my first PC build and everything went well up until this point. After a lot of searching, I could not find the answer to this question, so buckle up!

Motherboard: Asus M5A97
Processor: AMD 8150
Graphics card: Diamond Radeon HD 7750 (1GB DDR5)
RAM: 8GB DDR3

So, here goes... After putting everthing together, I had everything running well, until I tried to start up Windows Media Center, where I get a message stating I may not have enough memory on my graphics card. The minimum amount recommended was like 64 mb. As you can imagine this confused me as I have a 1GB card. I went into my advanced settings and it stated my chipset was Asus ATOMBIOS; not the 7750, with 16 mb of memory. What gets me is this mother board does not have on-board video and my HDMI cable is plugged into the HDMI port on the 7750, and that is what I'm using for the display. All software and drivers have been installed, several times lol. Thinking maybe I needed to disable what it was using, I disabled that device and now all it says in those spots is unrecognized, though it is still responding the same.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. I just don't understand how this card can be unrecognized and only have 16 mb when it is what is actually powering the display! I just want to use my graphics card!
August 2, 2012 10:30:07 AM

Di you connect the right cables/ insert it into the right slot? Maybe you installed old/wrong drivers.
m
l
August 2, 2012 2:14:34 PM

It is in PCI ex_1 and I installed the drivers from the DVD that came with it.
m
l
Related resources
Anonymous
a b U Graphics card
August 2, 2012 5:17:23 PM

The GFX card may be in the PCI slot, but is the monitor connected directly to it? You have to connect monitor to card not the Motherboard. Look behind case and make sure it is connected in this way.

Check those drivers. Goto AMD website and Download Catalyst
m
l
August 4, 2012 10:21:51 PM

So, you are asking if my HDMI cable is plugged into the graphics card? If so, "What gets me is this mother board does not have on-board video and my HDMI cable is plugged into the HDMI port on the 7750, and that is what I'm using for the display." I can't believe the only two responses I have gotten are asking whether I plugged something in.
m
l
August 4, 2012 10:25:28 PM

It is in the wrong PCIe slot. It needs to be in the PCIe 2.0 x16 slot.
m
l
August 4, 2012 10:30:53 PM

It is. PCIe x16_1. It would be impossible to fit it in any of the other slots.
m
l
August 4, 2012 10:35:16 PM

You said ex 1 instead of 16, so that is what I assumned.
m
l
!