Sign in with
Your question
Solved

How's this build?

Last response: in Systems
August 2, 2012 12:29:54 AM

Hello, I am working on a build for a gaming heavy all around CPU. I'm looking to play lots of the new games (BF3, Skrim,DAYZ,etc) as well as using Photoshop and doing some video manipulation. Not the most knowledgable on the latest and greatest. Been out of the loop for awhile. Here is what I'm thinking about going with.

- Intel Core i5-3570k
- 8 GB (4x2)
- NVIDIA GeForce GTX 670 - 2GB - EVGA FTW
- ASRock Z77 Extreme 6

Been doing some research, but not sure if I could do better for the price. Still not sure about the MoBo. Any tweaks, info, or things that I might need to add is greatly appreciated. Thanks!

More about : build

August 2, 2012 12:47:25 AM

-8GB RAM
-2TB Hardrive

Just in case it was unclear.
m
l
August 2, 2012 1:14:35 AM

Hi :) 

Add an Operating system...plus a dvd or blueray drive...and a case might help :) 

All the best Brett :) 
m
l
Related resources

Best solution

August 2, 2012 1:40:08 AM

Why not get the Asrock Z77 Extreme 4? Its a little cheaper and doesn't really have anything major in terms of less features.
August 2, 2012 2:00:26 AM

+1 on the Z77 Extreme4

SSD by any chance?

Plus the Virtu MVP software that comes with AsRock mobo is pretty cool enhanced my gaming experience quite a bit without any configs, just clicking a button to turn it on.
m
l
August 2, 2012 4:51:50 AM

Brett928S2 said:
Hi :) 

Add an Operating system...plus a dvd or blueray drive...and a case might help :) 

All the best Brett :) 

Operating system will definitely be added...
As for DVD I was thinking Sony 24x DVD/CD RW drive, and Apex EL 660 case.
Thanks for the reminder in these important items, I almost forgot! Haha
m
l
August 2, 2012 4:55:27 AM

Thanks for the Z77 Extreme 4 suggestion. I'm definitely going to look into that. I was thinking the Extremem 6 for the SLI and possibly getting another 670 in the future, but I honestly don't see that happening.
m
l
August 2, 2012 5:01:19 AM

newtoIT said:
+1 on the Z77 Extreme4

SSD by any chance?

Plus the Virtu MVP software that comes with AsRock mobo is pretty cool enhanced my gaming experience quite a bit without any configs, just clicking a button to turn it on.

Pretty sure I'm goin with the Extreme4, thanks for the input. Also, I was considering a 60 GB ADATA S511. Does it really make the 50%+ faster loads they claim? Not too expensive to add, but wasn't sure if it was worth it.
m
l
August 2, 2012 5:24:43 AM

Awatsonj said:
Pretty sure I'm goin with the Extreme4, thanks for the input. Also, I was considering a 60 GB ADATA S511. Does it really make the 50%+ faster loads they claim? Not too expensive to add, but wasn't sure if it was worth it.

YES ABSOLUTELY! An SSD makes a huge difference over a regular hard drive. Although I would go with a better SSD like this one "Corsair Force Series 3 CSSD-F60GB3A-BK 2.5" 60GB SATA III Internal Solid State Drive" Plus it's not only $5 cheaper on Newegg but, it also has much better user reviews.

However I would also suggest getting a slightly larger SSD like this one "Corsair Force Series GT CSSD-F90GBGT-BK 2.5" 90GB SATA III Internal Solid State Drive" it costs a little more ($99) but it has great reviews and I think you will be happier in the long run.
m
l
August 2, 2012 8:21:51 AM

And most of all dont forget the most important part of any PC is a good quality PSU !
m
l
August 2, 2012 9:12:21 AM

This topic has been moved from the section CPU & Components to section Systems by Mousemonkey
m
l
August 2, 2012 3:41:18 PM

Uther39 said:
And most of all dont forget the most important part of any PC is a good quality PSU !

Any suggestions? I was just going to go with a standard 800 watt. Guess I didn't know how important a good one was.
m
l
August 4, 2012 5:14:22 PM

Best answer selected by Awatsonj.
m
l
!