How's this build?

Awatsonj

Honorable
Aug 1, 2012
Hello, I am working on a build for a gaming heavy all around CPU. I'm looking to play lots of the new games (BF3, Skrim,DAYZ,etc) as well as using Photoshop and doing some video manipulation. Not the most knowledgable on the latest and greatest. Been out of the loop for awhile. Here is what I'm thinking about going with.

- Intel Core i5-3570k
- 8 GB (4x2)
- NVIDIA GeForce GTX 670 - 2GB - EVGA FTW
- ASRock Z77 Extreme 6

Been doing some research, but not sure if I could do better for the price. Still not sure about the MoBo. Any tweaks, info, or things that I might need to add is greatly appreciated. Thanks!

newtoIT

Honorable
Aug 1, 2012
+1 on the Z77 Extreme4

SSD by any chance?

Plus the Virtu MVP software that comes with AsRock mobo is pretty cool enhanced my gaming experience quite a bit without any configs, just clicking a button to turn it on.

Awatsonj

Honorable
Aug 1, 2012

Operating system will definitely be added...
As for DVD I was thinking Sony 24x DVD/CD RW drive, and Apex EL 660 case.
Thanks for the reminder in these important items, I almost forgot! Haha

Awatsonj

Honorable
Aug 1, 2012
Thanks for the Z77 Extreme 4 suggestion. I'm definitely going to look into that. I was thinking the Extremem 6 for the SLI and possibly getting another 670 in the future, but I honestly don't see that happening.

Awatsonj

Honorable
Aug 1, 2012

Pretty sure I'm goin with the Extreme4, thanks for the input. Also, I was considering a 60 GB ADATA S511. Does it really make the 50%+ faster loads they claim? Not too expensive to add, but wasn't sure if it was worth it.

Idonno

Distinguished
Jan 3, 2011

YES ABSOLUTELY! An SSD makes a huge difference over a regular hard drive. Although I would go with a better SSD like this one "Corsair Force Series 3 CSSD-F60GB3A-BK 2.5" 60GB SATA III Internal Solid State Drive" Plus it's not only $5 cheaper on Newegg but, it also has much better user reviews.

However I would also suggest getting a slightly larger SSD like this one "Corsair Force Series GT CSSD-F90GBGT-BK 2.5" 90GB SATA III Internal Solid State Drive" it costs a little more ($99) but it has great reviews and I think you will be happier in the long run.

Awatsonj

Honorable
Aug 1, 2012

Any suggestions? I was just going to go with a standard 800 watt. Guess I didn't know how important a good one was.