Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

Need Suggestion for Best Gaming PC with i5 ivybridge under 1200$

Last response: in Systems
Share
August 2, 2012 9:40:42 AM

Hi guys I want to build a gaming PC under 1200$ (Including Keyboard Mouse and Monitor). Please suggest me best brand for the following

Processor: Intel i5 3570K (For overclock)
Mother Board: P or Z series Mother Board (Under 200$)
RAM: Corsair Vengeance 2x4GB DDR3 1600MHz
HDD: 80GB SSD + 1TB (Confused in Selecting Brand and model)
GPU: Want 1080 resolution - 3DmarkDX11 with Nice performance (360$)
PSU: Need best 80plus for These Config (or) Under 90$
Cabinet: Any brand for 90$ (My Suggestion is Cooler Master CM690, Corsair Carbide Series 500R Mid-Tower Case, Corsair Carbide Series 400R)


Monitor: 1920x1080 + LED + HDMI ( My suggestion Samsung or DELL)
Keyboard Mouse: Logitech G100 Gaming Desktop.
August 2, 2012 9:58:59 AM

ASRock for the motherboard, and a ATI 7950 wih your $360 budget.

SSD has to be Intel or Crucial, with a Seagate Barracuda 1TB as the HDD.
m
0
l
a b 4 Gaming
August 2, 2012 10:24:16 AM

Well you would need to pick your mouse and keyboard as i don't know what's good i just use any lol and sorry can't make it under 1200 with the cases your wanting and SSD and 1TB HD an i5-3570K overclocking mobo plus os monitor elect maybe somebody else can though. ;)  PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant / Benchmarks

CPU: Intel Core i5-3570K 3.4GHz Quad-Core Processor ($229.99 @ Newegg)
CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 Plus 76.8 CFM Sleeve Bearing CPU Cooler ($19.99 @ Newegg)
Motherboard: ASRock Z77 Pro3 ATX LGA1155 Motherboard ($102.55 @ Newegg)
Memory: Crucial Ballistix sport 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory ($43.99 @ Newegg)
Storage: Samsung Spinpoint F3 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive ($74.99 @ Newegg)
Storage: Samsung 830 Series 128GB 2.5" Solid State Disk ($99.99 @ Newegg)
Video Card: Sapphire Radeon HD 6950 2GB Video Card ($189.99 @ Newegg)
Case: Corsair 400R ATX Mid Tower Case ($109.98 @ Newegg)
Power Supply: XFX 550W ATX12V / EPS12V Power Supply ($64.99 @ Newegg)
Optical Drive: LG GH24NS90 DVD/CD Writer ($16.99 @ Newegg)
Monitor: Asus VS229H-P 21.5" Monitor ($172.98 @ Newegg)
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium SP1 (64-bit) ($99.99 @ Newegg)
Total: $1226.42
(Prices include shipping and discounts when available.)
(Generated by PCPartPicker 2012-08-02 06:42 EDT-0400)
m
0
l
Related resources
August 2, 2012 11:12:14 AM

Why it must be Intel or Crucial, is there is any advanced in technologies.
m
0
l
August 3, 2012 2:23:07 AM

SSD's from other manufactures have a higher failure rate, you can go for Ocz or Corsair and get a slight increase in performance but you will run a higher risk of failure. Samsung are also up there with Intel and Crucial in terms of reliability.
m
0
l
Anonymous
a b 4 Gaming
August 3, 2012 2:45:39 AM

bigcyco1 said:
Well you would need to pick your mouse and keyboard as i don't know what's good i just use any lol and sorry can't make it under 1200 with the cases your wanting and SSD and 1TB HD an i5-3570K overclocking mobo plus os monitor elect maybe somebody else can though. ;)  PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant / Benchmarks

CPU: Intel Core i5-3570K 3.4GHz Quad-Core Processor ($229.99 @ Newegg)
CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 Plus 76.8 CFM Sleeve Bearing CPU Cooler ($19.99 @ Newegg)
Motherboard: ASRock Z77 Pro3 ATX LGA1155 Motherboard ($102.55 @ Newegg)
Memory: Crucial Ballistix sport 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory ($43.99 @ Newegg)
Storage: Samsung Spinpoint F3 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive ($74.99 @ Newegg)
Storage: Samsung 830 Series 128GB 2.5" Solid State Disk ($99.99 @ Newegg)
Video Card: Sapphire Radeon HD 6950 2GB Video Card ($189.99 @ Newegg)
Case: Corsair 400R ATX Mid Tower Case ($109.98 @ Newegg)
Power Supply: XFX 550W ATX12V / EPS12V Power Supply ($64.99 @ Newegg)
Optical Drive: LG GH24NS90 DVD/CD Writer ($16.99 @ Newegg)
Monitor: Asus VS229H-P 21.5" Monitor ($172.98 @ Newegg)
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium SP1 (64-bit) ($99.99 @ Newegg)
Total: $1226.42
(Prices include shipping and discounts when available.)
(Generated by PCPartPicker 2012-08-02 06:42 EDT-0400)

swap mobo and now your in budget:
PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant / Benchmarks

Motherboard: ASRock Z75 Pro3 ATX LGA1155 Motherboard ($84.99 @ Newegg)
Total: $84.99
(Prices include shipping and discounts when available.)
(Generated by PCPartPicker 2012-08-02 22:45 EDT-0400)

only difference is Z75 doesn't have ISRT to use a 60 gig SSD for a HD cache.
m
0
l
a b 4 Gaming
August 3, 2012 3:17:33 AM

dhamodharen said:
Hi guys I want to build a gaming PC under 1200$ (Including Keyboard Mouse and Monitor). Please suggest me best brand for the following

Processor: Intel i5 3570K (For overclock)
Mother Board: P or Z series Mother Board (Under 200$)
RAM: Corsair Vengeance 2x4GB DDR3 1600MHz
HDD: 80GB SSD + 1TB (Confused in Selecting Brand and model)
GPU: Want 1080 resolution - 3DmarkDX11 with Nice performance (360$)
PSU: Need best 80plus for These Config (or) Under 90$
Cabinet: Any brand for 90$ (My Suggestion is Cooler Master CM690, Corsair Carbide Series 500R Mid-Tower Case, Corsair Carbide Series 400R)


Monitor: 1920x1080 + LED + HDMI ( My suggestion Samsung or DELL)
Keyboard Mouse: Logitech G100 Gaming Desktop.



I'm not sure if this is US, Canadian, or Australian dollars and do you need Windows? I would hold off on the SSD for now and pick that up later on. Focus on your gpu for now (FPS). Also any SSD smaller than 120 - 128GB is a total waste imo. In fact 240GB on up is the way to go. 120GB fills up quicker than you would think. That and the prices on SSD's keep on dropping so the longer you wait the better.


http://www.newegg.com/Product/ComboDealDetails.aspx?Ite... $146.98 - save: $18.00 - $25.00 Mail In Rebates FREE SHIPPING
CORSAIR Enthusiast Series TX650 V2 650W ATX12V v2.31/ EPS12V v2.92 80 PLUS BRONZE Certified Active PFC High Performance Power Supply
Corsair Carbide Series 300R Black Steel / Plastic ATX Mid Tower Computer Case

http://www.newegg.com/Product/ComboDealDetails.aspx?Ite... $346.98 save: $18.00
Intel Core i5-3570K Ivy Bridge 3.4GHz (3.8GHz Turbo) LGA 1155 77W Quad-Core Desktop Processor Intel HD Graphics 4000 BX80637I53570K
ASRock Z77 Extreme4 LGA 1155 Intel Z77 HDMI SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 ATX Intel Motherboard

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168... $34.99 - $29.99 after mail-in rebate FREE SHIPPING
COOLER MASTER Hyper 212 EVO RR-212E-20PK-R2 Continuous Direct Contact 120mm Sleeve CPU Cooler Compatible with latest Intel 2011/1366/1155 and AMD FM1/AM3+

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168... $43.99 FREE SHIPPING
G.SKILL Ares Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800) Desktop Memory Model F3-1600C9D-8GAO

http://www.amazon.com/Seagate-Barracuda-3-5-Inch-Intern... $86.63 & this item ships for FREE with Super Saver Shipping
Seagate Barracuda 7200 1 TB 7200RPM SATA 6 Gb/s NCQ 64MB Cache 3.5-Inch Internal Bare Drive ST1000DM003

http://www.amazon.com/Sony-AD-7280S-0B-Internal-Drive-B... $16.99 & eligible for FREE Super Saver Shipping on orders over $25
Sony AD-7280S-0B 24x SATA Internal DVD+/-RW Drive (Black)

http://www.amazon.com/VS228H-P-21-5-Inch-Full-HD-Monito... $149.99 & this item ships for FREE with Super Saver Shipping
ASUS VS228H-P 21.5-Inch Full-HD LED Monitor (Black) | LED Backlit with 50,000,000:1 ASUS Smart Contrast Ratio; Full 1080P with HDMI

Total: $826.55 *not including rebates, shipping, o/s and graphics card


http://www.amazon.com/Windows-Premium-64bit-System-Buil... $88.73 & this item ships for FREE with Super Saver Shipping
Windows 7 Home Premium SP1 64bit (Full) System Builder DVD 1 Pack

http://www.amazon.com/Logitech-Gaming-Programmable-Cont... $29.99
Logitech Gaming Mouse G300 with Nine Programmable Controls (910-002358)

http://www.amazon.com/Logitech-Keyboard-One-touch-Inter... $18.33 & eligible for FREE Super Saver Shipping on orders over $25
Logitech Media Keyboard K200 With One-touch Media and Internet Keys (920-002719)

http://www.amazon.com/SanDisk-Extreme-Gb-s2-5-Inch-Driv... $104.83 & this item ships for FREE with Super Saver Shipping
SanDisk Extreme SSD 120GB GB SATA 6.0 Gb-s2.5-Inch Solid State Drive- SDSSDX-120G-G25

http://www.tweaktown.com/reviews/4869/nvidia_geforce_gt... <----- GTX 660 ti 2GB Review w/benchmarks done with an engineers version of that card. (due for release August 16th) $250 - $300

http://www.tomshardware.com/news/Evga-GTX_660_Ti-GeForc... <----- more on that card

http://www.corsair.com/carbide-series-300r-compact-pc-g... <----- another look at that case

http://www.asrock.com/mb/Intel/Z77%20Extreme4/ <---- another look at that board along with a link to the latest bios

http://www.vortez.net/articles_pages/asrock_z77_extreme... <----- review of that board along w/benchmarks
m
0
l
August 3, 2012 5:39:11 AM

No i don't need any OS or other Software. And also is these brand are available in India. :sweat: 
m
0
l
a b 4 Gaming
August 3, 2012 6:18:17 AM

dhamodharen said:
No i don't need any OS or other Software. And also is these brand are available in India. :sweat: 
Well we didn't know that that's why there is a forum you need to fill out in order for us to help you.
m
0
l
!