Asus P5N-D Motherboard
Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600
4x 2GB Corsair DDRII
2x NVIDIA 9800GTX+ 512mb In SLI
Corsair 750Watt PSU

System temperatures run at (idle average):
CPU: 46oC
GPU: 37oC

I have had a number of issues recently with all kinds of 3D based applications (mostly games) on my PC. It seems to have started around the time I installed the most recent NVIDIA drivers (301.4) and following playtime on Skyrim.

I've since installed an older NVIDIA driver (296.10) and started my computer on a clean state but issues Persist. When my games get up and running I get issues such as the following:

But for the most part they will stutter, black screen and crash to desktop. When they have rarely got up and running there seems to be no issues for a while and then problems recur; including severe drops in performance.

I have had notices stating 'Display driver stopped responding and has recovered - Display Driver NVIDIA windows Kernel driver 296.10 stopped responding and has successfully recovered.'

Even the NVIDIA panel is having Issues lately.

I recently cleaned the machine, but took all necessary precautions as I have since I purchased it. I had also, until my recent system wipe, overclocked the cards, but did so with like wise precaution.

Any and all help would be greatly appreciated.
a b U Graphics card
a b Î Nvidia
June 11, 2012 7:10:35 PM

Hi,

Ive noticed that latest nvidia driver are not that good.

I would reinstall using the delete all driver and reinstall.

If this dosen't solve the problem

1-download http://www.guru3d.com/category/driversweeper/

2-uninstall all nvidia driver in safe mode

3- reinstall full package from nvidia.

If problem still there might be an issue with video card
!