[asking] AMD A10-5800K with Win7

aibenq

Honorable
Dec 16, 2012
Hi, I'm just asking around, but it's kinda bothering me...

I already prepare a budget to get a AMD system to replace my very old computer, Intel Pentium 4 Northwood 2GHz of mine with AMD APU TRINITY A10-5800K...

the reason is simple, I need brand new computer for coupe up with my need, specially graphic design thing. I often use Adobe Illustrator and my office are use CS5. the file that I work is very heavy due CMYK workflow and very large format, and as you know, there is no way I can install Adobe CS5 on my Pentium 4... even it's still Windows XP SP2.

but before I replace it, there is one issue that bothering me. after AMD FX Processor, FX-8150 is launched, there is a problems with windows 7 for the perfomance due "module" flow for processing. And for fixing those issue, windows launched the hotfix.

I kinda worried, are this problem will happen in A10-5800K in Windows 7 that not installed with the hotfix??? because I still confuse what windows that I should install... or better I install Windows 8?

please help me guys...

aibenq

Honorable
Dec 16, 2012

really??? because (I can't found it) I don't see an article about bulldozer core compability for APU, that's why I not sure about it... but thanks for replying... ^w^

but better I install the hot fix or not???

Cazalan

Distinguished
Sep 4, 2011

The hotfix is for any CPU/APU with the module architecture. That includes FX and A10, and any Bulldozer/Piledriver based CPU.

It's not a required hotfix. It just helped speed some applications slightly by prioritizing which cores get loaded first.