Anyone has an experience on using UPS?

Status
Not open for further replies.

hedgehogpie

Honorable
Nov 26, 2012
Hello,

anyone has an experience using UPS (uninterruptible power supply)? Planning to buy one , to prevent my components of PC to get damage during sudden power interruption. My questions is that If I have a PSU of 750w, should I also use a 750w UPS? and can I plug more components in one UPS?. I also have a LED TV which runs on 100-120w, can I plug it together with my PC in one UPS? If I use UPS, does it add or has a high cost for power? (does it add high to your power monthly bill)?

Thanks, waiting for your response.

Solution
it's not the wattage so much on a ups, yes the more wattage you are using should affect the model you get but that's only how long do you want it to run the pc after a power failure, if you get a weaker model you may have only 2 minutes to shut everything down, a bigger model will allow for more time to shut things down, but for brownouts and spikes of electricity you want something that supports the right amount of amperage, a 15 amp one will good, but the bigger the power it can generate is for time allowance in case of complete electrical loss. My UPS may cost me an additional $2 a month to run but i have 10 minutes before i have no power left, warning beeps let me know, also that may be another annoying factor as if you get a lot of...

rattman169

Distinguished
Sep 8, 2006
it's not the wattage so much on a ups, yes the more wattage you are using should affect the model you get but that's only how long do you want it to run the pc after a power failure, if you get a weaker model you may have only 2 minutes to shut everything down, a bigger model will allow for more time to shut things down, but for brownouts and spikes of electricity you want something that supports the right amount of amperage, a 15 amp one will good, but the bigger the power it can generate is for time allowance in case of complete electrical loss. My UPS may cost me an additional $2 a month to run but i have 10 minutes before i have no power left, warning beeps let me know, also that may be another annoying factor as if you get a lot of brownouts and power spikes it will beep frequently and can get very annoying.

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.