PC turns on for split second then switches off

G

My new build (1 month) occasionally, when switching on, powers up the fans then cuts out before the MOBO attempts to boot. So i doubt it is a MOBO problem. Has any one had this issue before. When i turn it off at the back and turn on again it usually powers up fine, i think it could be a psu problem. this often occurs after i flip my PSU switch on. (i usually turn this off when im finished with my pc). Also im in UK just FYI

Specs: -CiT Mars Midi Tower Gaming Case with 2 x Blue LED Fans & LED Display -Corsair CMZ8GX3M2A1600C9 8GB 1600MHz CL9 DDR3 Vengeance -Memory Two Module Kit -ASUS AM3+ SABERTOOTH 990FX S/L -Seagate ST2000DL003 Barracuda Green 3.5-inch 2TB SATA 6 Gb/s -Drive (64MB Buffer,5900RPM) (secondary HDD) -Sapphire HD6670 2GB DDR3 Graphics Card -Powercool 850W Black 80+ Standard ATX Computer PSU Power Supply Unit with 12cm Fan (White Boxed) -SanDisk 120GB Extreme Solid State Drive (2.5in SATA III 6Gb/s) -AMD FX-8150 Eight Core Processor - 3.60GHz, 16MB, L3 Cache, Socket AM3+

I am also novice at this so please explain with clarity and detail. thanks

cl-scott

Honorable
One possibility, that would be easy to test, is to wait 5-10 seconds between flipping the switch at the PSU before pressing the power button. It can take a few seconds for the capacitors to build up the necessary reserve charge needed to boot the computer. If you try and turn the computer on before this has happened, then there won't be sufficient charge to kickstart everything and you'd get symptoms like you describe.

And just FYI, there's really no power savings worth mentioning to switching off the power at the PSU, and could be behind problems like this.