Sign in with
Your question

Asus ENGTX560 ti 448 not being seen on device manager.

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
June 11, 2012 10:41:15 PM

I just built a new computer, I was waiting on the GPU. And set everything up. The motherboard had a built in thing but so I could very minimally use it. I installed the card, and plugged it in etc, but now my device manager will not see the card. I tell it to check for hardware changes, and nothing. I cannot install drivers because Asus says it doesnt see an asus Graphics card install. The Fans are spinning on the Graphics card So I assume its working.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!
a b U Graphics card
June 11, 2012 11:24:52 PM

Did you connect the power cable to the card?
m
l
June 11, 2012 11:45:13 PM

Yes It was,

though,
I found another help forum with the suggestion to uninstall the onboard GPU drivers so the computer will stop defaulting to them. So I did that, then it was explained to go into the BIOs and set it for PCI_16 etc etc. Now I have no picture :cry:  I switch to the VGA hdmi and no picture still :( 

If someone can succeed in helping me fix this I will paypal them a humble gift :cry: 

Computer Specs

i7
8gb ram
BIOstar motherboard
600 PowerSup
m
l
Related resources
Can't find your answer ? Ask !
a b U Graphics card
June 11, 2012 11:50:43 PM

If you reset your BIOS it will default to the onboard graphics again. To do that, you need to power off the computer, disconnect the power cable, then move the CLR_CMOS jumper from 1-2 to 2-3, as described in your motherboard manual. If you do not have the manual, tell us the motherboard model and we'll look it up.

m
l
June 11, 2012 11:54:45 PM

The manual mentions it but its very very vague
This is the motherboard

http://www.biostar-usa.com/app/en-us/mb/introduction.ph...

"The illustration shows hot to set up jumpers. When the Jumper cap is placed on pins, the jumper is "close", if not that means the jumper is "open""

Shows Pins Open/Pins Closed/Pin 1-2 Closed.

I think I see it, going to try that now.
m
l
June 12, 2012 12:06:02 AM

I moved the jumper. Still no picture.
From 1-2 to 2-3
m
l
a b U Graphics card
June 12, 2012 12:40:56 AM

You're supposed to move the jumper for a short while (10s or so) then move them BACK to 1-2 BEFORE turning the computer on. Did you do that? Otherwise it's not supposed to power on at all.
m
l
!