Computer Power Cycling

MrCreamer

Honorable
Jun 11, 2012
Here are my specs:
OS Version: Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium, Service Pack 1, 64 bit
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i3-2100 CPU @ 3.10GHz, Intel64 Family 6 Model 42 Stepping 7
Processor Count: 4
RAM: 7897 Mb
Hard Drives: C: Total - 300002 MB, Free - 56569 MB; D: Total - 176926 MB, Free - 168810 MB;
Motherboard: ASUSTeK COMPUTER INC., P8H61-M LE/CSM
Antivirus: ESET Smart Security 5.0, Updated and Enabled
Graphics Card: 01G-P3-1450-TR GeForce GTS 450 FPB (Free Performance Boost) 1024MB GDDR5 PCIe 2.0 x16 Video Card
Power Supply: 500 W

Problem:Now on to the issue, the motherboard I have has an onboard video card which works perfectly fine without the Geforce GTS 450. However, once I put in the GTS 450 the computer will boot up to the windows screen so it passes the bios but then it will flash a blue screen for a split second and restart and go back to bios and repeat this cycle. I can hear the power dipping (sounds like zapping noise) and the fans will turn off for a split second.

Solution Attempts: I have replaced the motherboard, the graphics card (got the same one), and the power supply. I have checked to make sure RAM was securely in place, have taken out and re-put in the graphics card and made sure power cable was secure, I have reset CMOS on the motherboard, I have uninstalled all previous drivers and disabled onboard video.

D

Deleted member 217926

Power supply make and model?

Wait I just reread your post. You replaced the motherboard, PSU and the graphics card? And you are getting the same identical problem? That is crazy. Have you tried a different model graphics card?

What is the make and model of your power supply? They're one of the few core components which are easy to manufacture but hard to manufacture well. As such there are absolutely tons of knockoff powersupplies which are non-functional at best and dangerous at worst.