Solved

[Solved] EVGA GTX 680 - Utilize 3 Monitors? HDMI vs. DP?

I'm looking to add a third monitor to my 680 via HDMI or DP.

Present set-up is two monitors (17" via DVI-D, and a 22" via DVI-D) and I will be upgrading to a 27" main gaming monitor (other two will not be used for gaming, just web, etc.) with HDMI or DP.

Now my question is, since this isn't going to be a 2D/3D Surround set-up, will I be able to use the HDMI/DP ports to support a third monitor?
I have been doing some research from Google and so forth, but haven't found a 'for sure' answer to what I am trying to do will work or not. So, I decided to go ahead and post this real fast to see if anyone can shed some light on what I am trying to do.

Other question, which I just started looking into, but I'll go ahead and ask... Is going straight HDMI to HDMI better over HDMI to DisplayPort?

Thanks for any advice, or suggestions in advance.

[Edit] - Works like a charm. Next task is to get the HDMI as the boot up display for the BIOS.
5 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about solved evga utilize monitors hdmi
  1. You can use Nvidia Surround and plug in the last monitor with the HDMI to HDMI.
  2. Best answer
    HDMI to HDMI is better because it eliminates the need for adapter.

It will work without surround.
  3. Thank you for the quick replays. I will give it a go soon as the monitor I had my eye on is restocked. I'll post again if any issues.
  4. Okay good luck :).
  5. Best answer selected by Kajolic.
Ask a new question

Read More

Nvidia Monitors HDMI Graphics