Is this ready to go?

Ex7ra

Honorable
Jul 19, 2012
Am going to buy:
Motherboard, cpu, ram and heatsink (as a set, they are all compatible)
gpu (gtx 560ti)
a new case
a new harddrive
a psu (650w, its plenty of w, ive checked :))
-
Is there anything else that i need, other than operating system?
i have a fully working pc now, so i can take anything from that (it is no where near a gaming PC, which is what i am building)
-
I just want to know if i have missed anything, or if i but all these, and assemble them fine, will the pc be fully working?

Ex7ra

Honorable
Jul 19, 2012
sorry, that was a typo, its actually a 550ti, but i seriously cannot afford any more than that... i could spend more on other things that i need though (any more than that, the cpu will bottleneck)
the question that i really need answering is, is this a "complete" pc? am i missing any components? :)

Gallarian

Distinguished
Case: Check
CPU: Check
CPU Fan: Optional
GPU: Check
RAM: Check
Mobo: Check
HDD: Check
SSD: Optional
PSU: Check (though you say your getting a 650w, make sure its from a reliable brand - pay more if you have to, dont skimp on this part or you could end up with a fried PC!)
OP: Check (Will be best to stay with Win7 64bit btw)
CD Drive: No - but I assume your going to steal one from your old PC?

Peripherals: Mouse, Keybaord and Monitor (again I assume you already have these)

Seems to me like you have everything - assemble them properly with care and there should be no reason why you won't have a working PC at the end of it :)

Note: The industry standard for faulty parts is 1%, so though very low, there is a chance you could have a component that wont work. Hopefully you dont, but feel free to post on these forums again if you need help!

Ex7ra

Honorable
Jul 19, 2012

it is an XFX powersupply. (the same one that i have, the build was for my little borther)

Well to be fair the 660 TI isn't out yet, so it may not cost that much, but thats what the rumor mill is saying anyway. But either way, I doubt its going to really do anything you cant do today. If it does cost that much, then it should be around what a 7870 costs. Based on how the current Kepler releases (GTX 670/680) fair against the 7970 (they lose by a small margin) I doubt it will be much better than AMD's offerings in the price range. The plus side I guess is its only 2 weeks away if everything goes on schedule.

Also the 560 TI is cheaper now because they have been dropping the price to get rid of em for the 660 TIs to come out. This is actually a good time to buy an Nvidia 5xx series video card.

Gallarian

Distinguished
Nekulturny, are you saying that a GTX 680 loses by a small margin to a 7970 or the other way round?

Id still say wait for the 660ti to come out- chances are, prices will drop on a 550ti even further when it does. (After the release of the 680, the prices of the 580 dropped by £20 here in the UK - around $35)

Nekulturny, are you saying that a GTX 680 loses by a small margin to a 7970 or the other way round?

With AMD's recent 12.7 Catalyst update , the 7970 outperforms both the GTX 670/680 (which both perform almost the same).

http://www.anandtech.com/show/6025/radeon-hd-7970-ghz-edition-review-catching-up-to-gtx-680/18

Id still say wait for the 660ti to come out- chances are, prices will drop on a 550ti even further when it doe

Maybe, I'm generally not an advocate of waiting too long for a new product to come out. 2 weeks is justifiable, but if you're ready to buy today, I say buy today. Theres always something bigger and better coming out "in a couple months". If its not video cards, its processors, or DDR4 or SSD prices dropping or something. You get caught up in the waiting game and you'll end up never buying anything lol.

Gallarian

Distinguished

Ah right, didnt realise a they had a new driver out, hopefully Nvidia will follow suit soon!

Haha, yeah true - real easy to get into that state of mind, but as you say 2 weeks isnt too much of a wait