Sign in with
Your question

What card should I get for my CPU/RAM/MOBO?

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
June 12, 2012 5:33:07 AM

Hi all,

I have a AMD Phenom X4 9600 CPU, with a Gateway AMD 780G motherboard. I also have 4 gigs of ram. I currently am using an integrated card and am getting around 12-20 FPS on lowest settings lowest res windowed mode on Skyrim. Id like to be able to play these games at a much higher level of quality and FPS. Also at the moment I am running a 1440x900 screen resolution. I would like to later on buy a 1080P monitor, so I am taking that into consideration as well.

So my question is, what card should I get to best support my needs? I also heard I will need a new PSU? Can anyone get me some suggestions/links to what I should get? And if possible, please include what kind of FPS at what kind of graphics settings I will be expecting on the new card. My budget is anywhere up to around $200 for the GPU its self. I just wanna get the best performance without bottle necking my self to death.

Please help me out by giving me suggestions and or links to products.

Thanks,
Drommy.

More about : card cpu ram mobo

June 12, 2012 6:01:51 AM

So, my best choice would be the 480 Sunius posted?
m
l
Related resources
a c 291 U Graphics card
a b à CPUs
June 12, 2012 6:14:37 AM

Yes it would :) .
m
l
June 12, 2012 6:17:40 AM

What size PSU would I need to run that card with my current setup?
m
l
a c 291 U Graphics card
a b à CPUs
June 12, 2012 6:19:19 AM

I wouldn't go with anything lower than 550 watts quality power supply (which means Antec, Corsair, Seasonic, XFX and bunch of others). Check this rankings:
http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/showthread.php?1080...

Don't go with anything lower than tier 3.
m
l
!