Punkeyboozter

Honorable
Jun 12, 2012
My old PC died and has been dead for almost 9 moths which forced me to use the work laptop ever since.

Was thinking of getting a 3930 and a Asus ROG formula and use back the card to save some money. Im pretty sure it will work but will I really be shooting myself in the foot? Dont get me wrong im open to upgrade in the future but I dont want to just replace a card that works perfectly good.

I dont want to be the kid playing farcry with a MX440 all over again. -- although this worked out ok on lower settings.

Thanks

Punkeyboozter

Honorable
Jun 12, 2012
A sandybridge rig is all you will need if you plan on gaming?
So meaning to say something like a 2700K ?

I will be doing a fair bit of working on the PC as well, but I do not do graphics or video editing. Mostly music things and work-work ie running many things at any given time - my old rig 6600 If I can remember right did not make the cut. Also I was planning on sort of future proofing if that matters as I only change my PC's every 5 years or so with upgrades only when really needed (ie when something goes up in smoke or if there is something that needs to run and the PC can not deliver.

I am all for saving money, but I dont want that to stop me from making a better choice for the long run.

Thanks for your help.

Punkeyboozter

Honorable
Jun 12, 2012
The 2500k will deliver in every aspect of your work loads.
Cheaper than a 2600-700k and as fast as it in those tasks including gaming.

Sounds good.

SO how about the GPU? Will I be OK using the that thing?

Also the RAM- was thinking of getting two 8gig 1888 sticks and then adding more in the future should some apps or games require it.

cheers

8g total of 1600 is all you need atm.
the card will work fine until you upgrade which needs to be in mind already

Punkeyboozter

Honorable
Jun 12, 2012
Great thanks Guys,

Any reason for using 1600 only?> Any problems if any if I get higher spec modules to future proof? is it worth it to get more then 16gig?

for GPU what is better two lower priced cards or one fat Momma in terms of performance? What is the recommended level?

I hate waiting-lag-low FPS as I am very impatient by nature.

cheers

One single enthusiast card has less issues than a low end multiple gpu.
There isnt any such thing as future proof.
8g of 1333 would even be alright for gaming but 1600 is ideal. Ram is cheap and is overclockable unless you really think.you need 16g of 1888 then go ahead it shouldnt cause issues