New system from barebones kit

Tags:
  • New Build
  • Systems
  • Product
Last response: in Systems
August 2, 2012 10:29:41 PM

Hello everyone,

This will be my first post here. I learned quite a lot from visiting this site so i want to first off thank everyone on the forums for being so thorough in answering others questions. I did my best in trying to figure this out before coming here but i have ran into a few concerns that i would appreciate some help with.

So here it goes! I have currently gotten back into the gaming scene again after a huge break. I was kind of addicted to World of Warcraft for the longest time (dont ask why, i really have no answer lol). But im gaming on a laptop currently which while is not impossible is doable with the laptop i have. Im on the lowest settings but able to put out around 30 fps. Like i said not ideal but it feeds the addiction none the less lol.

I play a lot of First Person Shooters on the console but i have always wanted to get into the computer gaming scene for the best experience. So i did the typical beginner thing and went to alienware and saw the extreme price and got discouraged and then started my research.

I came across something that i thought was pretty awesome in my beginners opinion on tigerdirect. They have what they call barebones kits. I found two that i like but one that i will primarily be asking about. I found the question guide stick so i will use that format and provide some extra info/ask questions at the end.

This is the link for the kit and what it comes with as well as full specs on each part.
http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/SearchTools/ite...

Approximate Purchase Date: Within the next 3 months. (kind of vague sorry but im not sure when i will save up enough)

Budget Range: 1000-1400 After Shipping (if this can be done for a lot cheaper plz tell me!!!!!)

System Usage from Most to Least Important: Gaming! as well as basic tasking.

Are you buying a monitor: *****Possibly (I would like to just run from my HDTV in my room, Is this suggested for gaming?)

Parts to Upgrade: For this section i will list what is included with this kit:

MSI Z77A-G45 Intel 7 Series Motherboard - ATX, Socket H2 (LGA1155), Intel Z77 Express, 2667MHz DDR3 (O.C.), SATA III (6Gb/s), RAID, 8-CH Audio, Gigabit LAN, USB 3.0, PCIe 3.0, SLI/CrossFireX Ready

Intel Core i7-3770K BX80667i73770K Processor - Quad Core, 8MB L3 Cache, 3.50GHz (3.90GHz Max Turbo), Socket H2 (LGA1155), 77W, Fan, Unlocked, Retail

MSI DH-24AAS-17 Internal DVD Writer - DVD+R 24X, DVD-R 24X, DVD+RW 8X, DVD-RW 6X, DVD-RAM 12X, CD-R 48X, CD-RW 32X, SATA

Corsair Vengeance CMZ8GX3M2A1600C9B Desktop Memory Kit - 8GB (2x 4GB), PC3-12800, DDR3-1600MHz, 9-9-9-24 CAS Latency, Intel XMP Ready, Unbuffered

Western Digital WD10EALX Caviar Blue Hard Drive - 1TB, 3.5", SATA 6Gbps, 7200 RPM, 32MB

Thermaltake VN770M1W2N Overseer RX-I Full Tower Computer Case - ATX, 700W PSU, Full Tower, 3 x 5.25" Bays, 5 x 3.5" Bays, 8 x Expansion Slots, 2 x USB 3.0, 2x Blue LED Fans, Black

*****The power supply listed on the site is at 700w... However, there is no brand listed for it which makes me wonder...

As for graphics card i wanted to run two of these NVIDIA GeForce GTX 550 Ti Superclocked Video Cards. 1GB GDDR5

*****If the price can be found cheaper for this card please let me know... Or if i can get something better at a 10-20 dollar difference per card that would be great as well.

*****Do you need to buy OS: Yes for now i would like to stick with whatever can run 16GB of ram. This comes with a total of 8GB but just incase i want to add more. I read numerous times on these forums that anything over 16gb is flat out overkill anyways...

Preferred Website(s) for Parts: newegg and tigerdirect are the ones i feel safest buying from...

Parts Preferences: I would ideal like to stick with sites i know well. Newegg and tigerdirect being my favorite. As far as parts i want to stick with corsair intel and nvidia as it seems these are most popular. However if any one would like to direct me otherwise im all ears...

Overclocking: I think the graphics cards i listed are over clocked (Im assuming superclocked is overclocking, if not sorry about my stupidity lol)

*****SLI or Crossfire: I need help with this! What exactly is this?

Your Monitor Resolution: Like i said before i would ideally like to run this on an hdtv i alread have. Its a sony bravia 32 in LCD 1080p. Im not sure on the resolution im sorry. I will do some research and try to find out if necessary.

Additional Comments: I suppose this is where i will voice my concerns and questions...
I really want this computer for gaming and to run the games on as high as possible with good frame rates. At least 60fps...

*****My main concerns are as follows..

1. With the parts i have listed will the 700w power source this kit comes with be enough to power my machine. I mainly ask this due to the 2 graphics cards i want installed. Also is there something special i need to do to make these two graphics cards work? I have only ever had one graphics card slot so having two is something new to me.

2. With a set up like this do i need to be plugged into the internet through a wire. I know back when wireless g was the best gaming wireless could be a bit taboo... But i have never had any lagging problems with N since i got it. This also leads me to a second concern... What do i need to get extra to have wifi capabilities on this set up. Should i but an internal card of some sort? if so which? or can i get away with one of those little usb thingys?

3. What else might i be missing to make this thing work? As ive said before i want to game and i want a great experience doing it. This will be a fresh system so i want to make positive i have everything i will need to put this together and get in the game! lol

4. After adding the kit itself price at 745
as well as windows prof at 140 (is this able to handle 16gb of ram?)
2 NVIDIA cards listed above 250 (125 each)
Tiger direct prices me out after shipping no tax for AL 1144.96
Is there another way to get this rig or similar or better at around the same price or cheaper. What kind of deal am i getting here exactly? Or is this a rip off? It seems a lot better than the nearly 3000 alienware wanted for lesser specs...

Why Are You Upgrading: Like i said earlier i really want something that i can get into the gaming scene and not have to worry about needing to upgrade for a few a years. I mainly play WoW but i would like to get into the Battlefield and MW3 experience on PC.

I know i hit you guys with a wall of text so ill go through and add (*****) to make finding the million question i asked easier...

Again i thank you all for the massive amount yall taught me indirectly through other forums and i greatly appreciate any help yall can provide with my specific case!

More about : system barebones kit

August 2, 2012 10:43:39 PM

Instead of buying that kit, I would suggest you to pick out parts on your own, I will make a parts list right away. There are many reasons to this which I'll explain.

1) There is absolutely no need for an i7 if you're planning on gaming, you won't benefit from the extra threads the i7 can provide. You're better off getting an i5 and spending the extra $100 on a better GPU.

2) No name PSU, I'm concerned about this...A LOT. Don't want them to send you a low quality unite.

3) It's better to get a ONE strong GPU apposed to two Mid-Level cards (GTX550 Ti for example). For how much two 550 Ti's cost, I would suggest one Radeon HD7850 card. It'll provide a much smoother gaming experience, and you won't have the issues that come along with Multi-GPU systems.

SLI or Crossfire <-this is basically making two graphics cards work together for better performance. You stated you wanted two GTX550 Ti's, that's basically putting the cards in SLI (for Nvidia), CrossfireX is AMD.

m
l
August 2, 2012 10:52:53 PM

mocchan said:
Instead of buying that kit, I would suggest you to pick out parts on your own, I will make a parts list right away. There are many reasons to this which I'll explain.

1) There is absolutely no need for an i7 if you're planning on gaming, you won't benefit from the extra threads the i7 can provide. You're better off getting an i5 and spending the extra $100 on a better GPU.

2) No name PSU, I'm concerned about this...A LOT. Don't want them to send you a low quality unite.

3) It's better to get a ONE strong GPU apposed to two Mid-Level cards (GTX550 Ti for example). For how much two 550 Ti's cost, I would suggest one Radeon HD7850 card. It'll provide a much smoother gaming experience, and you won't have the issues that come along with Multi-GPU systems.

SLI or Crossfire <-this is basically making two graphics cards work together for better performance. You stated you wanted two GTX550 Ti's, that's basically putting the cards in SLI (for Nvidia), CrossfireX is AMD.

Awesome i really appreciate the prompt response! I noticed you stated i would not benefit from the extra thread an i7 would provide. Im curious on when i would need those extra threads then? I always that gaming was the most intensive thing you could do with computers but again... Im a bit of a beginner lol.

I also really appreciate you pointing me in the right direction of how to go about choosing the GPU. I thought the opposite was true of graphics that having two would be smoother and less of a load than having one, so that insight definitely helps me out!

Also thanks in advanced for offering to find me a parts list and steering me away from the kit. The kit seemed tempting after seeing built computers coming in at triple the price nearly lol
m
l
August 2, 2012 10:54:56 PM

Here's the parts list :) 

Intel Core i5 3450 - http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...

ASUS P8Z77-V Motherboard - http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...

Corsair Vengeance 2x4GB 1600Mhz RAM - http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...

MSI Twin Frozr 2 Radeon HD7870 - http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...

Crucial M4 128GB SSD (Operating system) - http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...

Samsung Spinpoint F3 1TB HDD (Storage) - http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...

Seasonic S12II 620w PSU - http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...

Windows 7 Professional 64Bit - http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...

Grand total after discounts - $1065.92 (newegg doesn't charge taxes unless you're in TN). Shipping is currently free for me (ATL, GA).

This leaves you $330 dollars for a case and monitor of your liking :) 

Your LCD TV resolution is 1080p, which is basically the best resolution to game at the moment. I would also suggest looking for a monitor that is 1080p if you would like to game at your desk instead of living room/tv room :) 

There will be no downsides to gaming on your TV, BTW. The only concern I would have is where you would use your mouse+keyboard :lol: 
m
l
August 2, 2012 10:56:45 PM

adm90 said:
Awesome i really appreciate the prompt response! I noticed you stated i would not benefit from the extra thread an i7 would provide. Im curious on when i would need those extra threads then? I always that gaming was the most intensive thing you could do with computers but again... Im a bit of a beginner lol.

I also really appreciate you pointing me in the right direction of how to go about choosing the GPU. I thought the opposite was true of graphics that having two would be smoother and less of a load than having one, so that insight definitely helps me out!

Also thanks in advanced for offering to find me a parts list and steering me away from the kit. The kit seemed tempting after seeing built computers coming in at triple the price nearly lol

Oh you're very welcome :) 

Basically, an i7 is a Quad-Core CPU with 4 extra threads due to Hyper Threading (4 cores, 8 processing threads). Basically it can process 8 things at once apposed to the i5 (4 cores, 4 processing threads). It may be a little confusing the way I explained it, so here's a little video that may help you understand better :) 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kkrqyEpINSQ

Gaming IS very CPU intensive, however, most games today won't benefit from more than 4 cores and are generally more GPU bound.
m
l
August 2, 2012 11:06:29 PM

mocchan said:

The problem with those Tiger Direct kits is the power supplies they include are absolute junk for the most part, you don't want to get one that's going to blow up in your face.

I definitely agree about the video card - I had a dual 550TI setup and it wasn't that great. A single 7850 will be a far better choice. SLI is pretty much only a last resort - unless you're running ultra high resolution monitors on dual 680s, but most gamers won't need that.
m
l
August 2, 2012 11:07:58 PM

g-unit1111 said:
The problem with those Tiger Direct kits is the power supplies they include are absolute junk for the most part, you don't want to get one that's going to blow up in your face.

I definitely agree about the video card - I had a dual 550TI setup and it wasn't that great. A single 7850 will be a far better choice. SLI is pretty much only a last resort - unless you're running ultra high resolution monitors on dual 680s, but most gamers won't need that.

Ahhh I see, I suspected that but didn't really know. But I didn't want to compromise his entire rig so I went with the safe option :lol: 

m
l
August 2, 2012 11:37:54 PM

mocchan said:
Here's the parts list :) 

Intel Core i5 3450 - http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...

ASUS P8Z77-V Motherboard - http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...

Corsair Vengeance 2x4GB 1600Mhz RAM - http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...

MSI Twin Frozr 2 Radeon HD7870 - http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...

Crucial M4 128GB SSD (Operating system) - http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...

Samsung Spinpoint F3 1TB HDD (Storage) - http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...

Seasonic S12II 620w PSU - http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...

Windows 7 Professional 64Bit - http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...

Grand total after discounts - $1065.92 (newegg doesn't charge taxes unless you're in TN). Shipping is currently free for me (ATL, GA).

Your LCD TV resolution is 1080p, which is basically the best resolution to game at the moment. I would also suggest looking for a monitor that is 1080p if you would like to game at your desk instead of living room/tv room :) 

There will be no downsides to gaming on your TV, BTW. The only concern I would have is where you would use your mouse+keyboard :lol: 

Your parts list looks pretty sweet and right up my price range. I saw you put an ssd as well and put operating system. Would that be where I installed my games as well or do I put those on hdd?

Also as far as Internet connection goes do I need to get a card for that or will one of the USB things work fine? I do have a wireless n router here at home
m
l
August 2, 2012 11:38:23 PM

g-unit1111 said:

I had a feeling those power supplies were useless when they didn't bother to include a name lol
m
l
August 2, 2012 11:40:41 PM

mocchan said:

Well the problem with leaving the case open to suggestion is that is when people choose crap brands like Raidmax and Apevia and those cases are so poorly built that it's difficult to recommend them. I just pick a few cases from reputable manufacturers in a given price range.

Quote:
Ahhh I see, I suspected that but didn't really know. But I didn't want to compromise his entire rig so I went with the safe option :lol: 

I never advise doing that but if you can get something way better for the same price, why not?

Quote:
I had a feeling those power supplies were useless when they didn't bother to include a name lol

I've bought crappy PSUs from Tiger Direct before and I'm really cautious about the ones I pick out. A no name PSU is definitely a red flag, you should never trust those.
m
l
August 2, 2012 11:42:30 PM

adm90 said:
Your parts list looks pretty sweet and right up my price range. I saw you put an ssd as well and put operating system. Would that be where I installed my games as well or do I put those on hdd?

Also as far as Internet connection goes do I need to get a card for that or will one of the USB things work fine? I do have a wireless n router here at home

Yes, you can put some games on your SSD. However, I would recommend you load them on your HDD if you have games through Online Retailers such as Steam, as the entire Steam folder can get quite bulky.

I'm not too familiar with wireless USB adapters, unfortunately. But if you don't have one already, you can get PCI-E Wireless adapters for quite cheap these days, so that's always an option for you :) 
m
l
August 2, 2012 11:45:10 PM

g-unit1111 said:
Well the problem with leaving the case open to suggestion is that is when people choose crap brands like Raidmax and Apevia and those cases are so poorly built that it's difficult to recommend them. I just pick a few cases from reputable manufacturers in a given price range.

Quote:

I never advise doing that but if you can get something way better for the same price, why not?

Quote:

I've bought crappy PSUs from Tiger Direct before and I'm really cautious about the ones I pick out. A no name PSU is definitely a red flag, you should never trust those.

Your definitely right. That's why I'm glad I came here you guys are awesome!
m
l
August 2, 2012 11:47:11 PM

Well now one question remains, what type of case are you looking for? A sleek, elegant, sexy case? Or one that just screams "Gamer!"? :lol: 
m
l
August 2, 2012 11:47:20 PM

mocchan said:
Yes, you can put some games on your SSD. However, I would recommend you load them on your HDD if you have games through Online Retailers such as Steam, as the entire Steam folder can get quite bulky.

I'm not too familiar with wireless USB adapters, unfortunately. But if you don't have one already, you can get PCI-E Wireless adapters for quite cheap these days, so that's always an option for you :) 

Cool and one last harassment I have... At least I think it's the last...

Cooling... Is that all done by the tower I choose? I saw in that kit it mentioned like liquid cooling and stuff.... How does that work ?
m
l
August 2, 2012 11:52:00 PM

adm90 said:

Cooling... Is that all done by the tower I choose? I saw in that kit it mentioned like liquid cooling and stuff.... How does that work ?

This article will answer all that: http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/cooling-airflow-hea...
m
l
August 2, 2012 11:53:41 PM

adm90 said:

Liquid cooling is usually done through All-In-On units such as the Corsair H80 for example. They're not the best performing and can cost quite a lot.

The parts I mentioned will include fans that will be more than sufficient for your cooling needs.
m
l
August 2, 2012 11:55:36 PM

mocchan said:
Liquid cooling is usually done through All-In-On units such as the Corsair H80 for example. They're not the best performing and can cost quite a lot.

The parts I mentioned will include fans that will be more than sufficient for your cooling needs.

Closed blocks like the H80 and Antec Kuhler are the low end of liquid cooling. I never advise getting those as you can get a strong air fan from Noctua or Phanteks and get the same results in overclocking that you would with an H80 or H100. There's also higher end units like the Swiftech Edge HD, and even full out custom loops but those can get really costly.
m
l
August 2, 2012 11:58:24 PM

g-unit1111 said:
Closed blocks like the H80 and Antec Kuhler are the low end of liquid cooling. I never advise getting those as you can get a strong air fan from Noctua or Phanteks and get the same results in overclocking that you would with an H80 or H100. There's also higher end units like the Swiftech Edge HD, and even full out custom loops but those can get really costly.

I agree, I'm not very fond of the closed loop systems to be honest. They look nice, but they're just not up-to-par with my favorite air cooler, NH-D14 :lol: 

On a side note, I still want to make myself a custom loop...just a matter of upgrading my hardware first :lol:  I feel it would be a waste on my PII X4.
m
l
August 3, 2012 12:03:44 AM

mocchan said:
I agree, I'm not very fond of the closed loop systems to be honest. They look nice, but they're just not up-to-par with my favorite air cooler, NH-D14 :lol: 

On a side note, I still want to make myself a custom loop...just a matter of upgrading my hardware first :lol:  I feel it would be a waste on my PII X4.

I would love to do a full out custom loop but I currently lack the funds and I'm still a bit skeptical about it. My case will only hold a two fan radiator and I'm thinking of getting that Swiftech Edge but that's a long way off. :lol: 
m
l
August 3, 2012 12:06:50 AM

g-unit1111 said:
I would love to do a full out custom loop but I currently lack the funds and I'm still a bit skeptical about it. My case will only hold a two fan radiator and I'm thinking of getting that Swiftech Edge but that's a long way off. :lol: 

I hear ya on the funds part... :whistle: 

Oh one day, we'll both make a custom loop lol!
m
l
August 3, 2012 12:12:31 AM

mocchan said:

I'll def check out that article gunit posted but as a quickie answer I suppose would be whatever case I get will be sufficient ? As far as cooling goes
m
l
August 3, 2012 12:15:36 AM

adm90 said:
I'll def check out that article gunit posted but as a quickie answer I suppose would be whatever case I get will be sufficient ? As far as cooling goes

Yes, definitely, as long as it's a quality brand. I'll start looking at some cases for you :) 
m
l
August 3, 2012 4:43:29 AM

mocchan said:
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...

I would highly recommend those two cases for their price points. They have some decent cable routing options and has optimal airflow for a gaming oriented case.

Sorry i took so long i went with the family to go see the dark night rises. If you havent seen it i highly suggest it to both of you lol.

But those are pretty nice looking cases, i will keep those in mind for sure. Would you mind if i looked at some more and posted them here for you to judge? lol sounds funny but you guys really seem to know your stuff so id like your opinions...
m
l
August 3, 2012 4:46:01 AM

adm90 said:
Sorry i took so long i went with the family to go see the dark night rises. If you havent seen it i highly suggest it to both of you lol.

But those are pretty nice looking cases, i will keep those in mind for sure. Would you mind if i looked at some more and posted them here for you to judge? lol sounds funny but you guys really seem to know your stuff so id like your opinions...

I'll be sure to watch that when I get the chance ;) 

Don't worry about the time, I've been at home packing all day :lol:  coming in and out of Tom's all day as well, so nothing to worry about.

But anyways, of course! Post all cases you find attractive and we'll 'inspect' them :lol: 

Off topic -

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168... this is the case I personally own. Works great if you're wanting a decent sized case with lots of silence optimised features :)  A little on the pricey side, however.
m
l
August 3, 2012 5:14:02 AM

mocchan said:

I would highly recommend those two cases for their price points. They have some decent cable routing options and has optimal airflow for a gaming oriented case.

The Corsair 300R is a great starter case. Has excellent cable management and a lot of nice features for the price. I always recommend the Cooler Master HAF 912 as well.
m
l
August 3, 2012 5:14:46 AM

g-unit1111 said:
The Corsair 300R is a great starter case. Has excellent cable management and a lot of nice features for the price. I always recommend the Cooler Master HAF 912 as well.

Ah great recommendation as well! Forgot about the HAF series.
m
l
August 3, 2012 5:22:28 AM

mocchan said:
Ah great recommendation as well! Forgot about the HAF series.

Yeah my work PC is built around the HAF 912 and it's a great case for the price. My main PC uses the Corsair Graphite 600T and I really like it but it's quite an expensive case at that.
m
l
August 3, 2012 5:28:57 AM

g-unit1111 said:
Yeah my work PC is built around the HAF 912 and it's a great case for the price. My main PC uses the Corsair Graphite 600T and I really like it but it's quite an expensive case at that.

Yeah, those Corsair cases are extremely nice..but the only drawback is the price tag on them.
m
l
August 3, 2012 5:35:21 AM

mocchan said:
I'll be sure to watch that when I get the chance ;) 

Don't worry about the time, I've been at home packing all day :lol:  coming in and out of Tom's all day as well, so nothing to worry about.

But anyways, of course! Post all cases you find attractive and we'll 'inspect' them :lol: 

Off topic -

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168... this is the case I personally own. Works great if you're wanting a decent sized case with lots of silence optimised features :)  A little on the pricey side, however.

Yeah yours is pretty fancy but yeah im trying to keep the price of a case under 100... Here is the ones i liked. One of them is pretty much one of the first ones you suggested but with blue LED lol. but here they are...

Lol theres a bunch more but i think thats enough of a choice lol. If the ones you listed are still better cooling wise dont hesitate to tell me
m
l
August 3, 2012 5:38:34 AM

I would prefer this case out of the ones you list just because it has a lot of room to manage cables :) 

The Antec Three Hundred Illusion is a nice case, however, that particular model doesn't have any cable routing holes so that doesn't get my vote.

Also, you could ask g-unit all about the HAF912 since he actually owns one :) 
m
l
August 3, 2012 5:55:27 AM

mocchan said:

I would prefer this case out of the ones you list just because it has a lot of room to manage cables :) 

The Antec Three Hundred Illusion is a nice case, however, that particular model doesn't have any cable routing holes so that doesn't get my vote.

Also, you could ask g-unit all about the HAF912 since he actually owns one :) 

Nice thanks for checking those out, So g-unit how do you like that HAF912 or would u say one of the others mocchan selected from the get go. Either way i like all three.
m
l
August 3, 2012 6:28:06 AM

Yeah I like the three options between g-unit and I. However, I would personally go for the Corsair Carbide 300R just because it looks the sleekest to me :) 
m
l
August 3, 2012 4:14:41 PM

adm90 said:
Nice thanks for checking those out, So g-unit how do you like that HAF912 or would u say one of the others mocchan selected from the get go. Either way i like all three.

The HAF 912 is great, I've modified mine a bit to make it look like the European version with a clear window and blue LED fans. I'm eventually going to replace them with RED LEDs though.
m
l
August 4, 2012 1:09:11 AM

g-unit1111 said:
The HAF 912 is great, I've modified mine a bit to make it look like the European version with a clear window and blue LED fans. I'm eventually going to replace them with RED LEDs though.

How hard is it to add some lights to this case
m
l
August 4, 2012 4:56:54 AM

adm90 said:
How hard is it to add some lights to this case

Not hard at all - you can get fans with different colored LED lights in them and they're not that much more than regular fans.
m
l
August 5, 2012 3:21:48 AM

g-unit1111 said:
Not hard at all - you can get fans with different colored LED lights in them and they're not that much more than regular fans.

awesome ill check around for those
m
l
August 5, 2012 5:12:44 AM

adm90 said:
awesome ill check around for those

Check the website frozencpu.com - they have tons of fans of all sizes and manufacturers.
m
l
September 13, 2012 5:32:23 PM

Ok fellas, sorry to bring up a dead thread. But i found a little deal on newegg that i cant just look pass. So since yall were so hopeful before i tought i would get your opinion....

This is the deal i have found and am thinking about getting...

http://www.newegg.com/Special/ShellShocker.aspx?cm_sp=S...

Based off the part list you gave me ive tweaked here and there but everything is basically the same as i wanted minus the ram. Is Gskill any good? It doesnt have many reviews on newegg but i read on other sites it seems decent...

The i5 seems a little nicer since its faster and can be overclocked correct?

Then the PSU seems nice because its modular and 80 + bronze and has great reviews.

Oh, and the price point is right about where i was looking to spend today lol.

Some quick addition to show savings..

My original build would be as follows:

Tower (Corsair Carbide 300r) 89.99
Motherboard (Same as ShellShocker) 149.99
PSU (Rosewill 750watt i can take 100watt hit no biggie) 89.99
I5 3450 (slower no OC) 149.99
Ram (corsaid veng, more reviews)44.99
Totaling this all out you get 569.95

The ShellShocker, comes in at 621.95 for parts alone then you get a nice discount of 141.96 to come out to 479.99.

I guess my big question is should i settle for RAM with not as many reviews but still good ratings, and a lesser case and get a better processor and a much cheaper price. Or just be patient save up and buy my original parts?

I just figured i was wanting to spend 500 and knock out most of my build but if i can do it and save 100 why not. But i figured i would check with the pros first lol
m
l
!