New CPU and mobo, on off cycle?

I got a new motherboard(msi h77ma-g43) and an i5 3470. When ever I turn it on all the fans start and it seems like its going to boot, but it turns off and turns back one. It repeats over and over until I leave the powee button pressed. Everything is connected correctly. However, when I checked the back of my CPU I noticed that not all the pins were making contact. 3 pins to be exact. Can this be the source of my problems? The CPU fit perfectly and I did not have to force it. If its not that then was the motherboard defective?
1 answer Last reply
More about mobo cycle
  1. Looptyloop said:
    I got a new motherboard(msi h77ma-g43) and an i5 3470. When ever I turn it on all the fans start and it seems like its going to boot, but it turns off and turns back one. It repeats over and over until I leave the powee button pressed. Everything is connected correctly. However, when I checked the back of my CPU I noticed that not all the pins were making contact. 3 pins to be exact. Can this be the source of my problems? The CPU fit perfectly and I did not have to force it. If its not that then was the motherboard defective?

Make sure all power cables are plugged in and the RAM sticks are fully seated.
Ask a new question

Read More

CPUs Motherboards