Modding the Antec kuhler h20 620

nitroexplosion

Honorable
Jun 1, 2012
So like the thread reads, i want to mod my kuhler 620 but is it possible to modd it, i want to buy a reservoir and take my kuhler apart and put it back together like a custom watercooling but just adding a resorvoir to it and custom tubes but i want to use the same CPU heatsink/pump will this work, will the pump be able to push water thru out the kit or Should i also add a pump.

Any help would be appreciated thanks!!

darth pravus

Honorable
Nov 9, 2012
The pump might struggle with more water to push. This seems like the most pointless mod.

Why use the crappy antec block if your changing everything else.

Just go full custom and it will perform much better. I can't see this mod doing anything for you.

nitroexplosion

Honorable
Jun 1, 2012

LOL i kind of figured someone might say something like this, well looks like im building a full custom water cooling loop but only for the CPU my GPUs are going to stay air cooled, Can you hep me out with some sites that sell custom water loops.

To save some cash will the Antec rad be ok to use or should i get rid of it too

socialfox

Distinguished
Let's keep this thread going...I am unsatisfied with the performance of my Kuhler 620. So I think I'll just take a free ride with this thread and see if anyone else knows anything about modding this closed loop water cooler :lol:

nitroexplosion

Honorable
Jun 1, 2012

yeah same here if i OC my FX-6300 to 4.8GHz my temps would shoot up to around 60c and around 65c full load.....it sends me running to hold the power switch to cut it off. I wanted to at least try and take it apart to see if maybe replacing some things like maybe a larger rad and putting a resorvoir with a diffrent liquid solution in it then the one they put from the manufacture maybe it might make a diffrence, i also hear that these close loop systems comes with air in the system which might be the cause for bad temps maybe refilling it properly might help the temps stay low. Well im going to try something and see if it helps ill post it up and let you guys know if it helps if not i might buy a corsair H100 or just build a custom loop!!!

socialfox

Distinguished

Meh, the Kuhler 620 barely kept it under 60 degrees on a hot summer day with a overclock of 4ghz on my Phenom II X4 955 BE. I think we both know we made a mistake buying the Kuhler 620 since the Hyper 212 is only a fraction of the price and performs just as well. Though in my case, the hyper 212 would not fit...