Sign in with
Your question

First Custom Build

Tags:
  • Homebuilt
  • Systems
Last response: in Systems
August 2, 2012 11:53:48 PM

Hey folks, I'm contemplating building my first custom rig and am looking for some feedback on parts and tools I may be missing. I'm pretty well versed in computer parts, but have never assembled anything more than popping in a new gfx card and that was 10 years ago. Here's how its looking so far:

i5-3450 Ivy bridge
Intel BOXDF77EB LGA 1555 motherboard
HEC Black Steel ATX Mid Tower Case with 585w power supply
LG DVD Burner SATA
ENCORE Wireless n300 Adapter 2.0 PCI Express
MSI Twin Frozr 2 Geforce GTX 570 1280mb 320bit PCI Express 2.0
Firewire 800 card
G.Skill Ripjaws X series 8GB DDR3 1333 SDRAM
Kingston SSDnow V200 128gb SATA 3

As it stands that's costing me $972 CAD, after taxes and shipping

Mostly I'm wondering what kind of minor parts (cables, screws, arctic silver, ect) that I'm missing, or if any of that will come with the other parts? Will I require fans/cooling or will that come with the case? Is the power supply large enough? Do I need a separate Ethernet adapter, or does that come with the motherboard/case?Also what kind of tools will I need to assemble this?

Thanks for your input

More about : custom build

August 3, 2012 1:42:47 AM

ziz17 said:
Hey folks, I'm contemplating building my first custom rig and am looking for some feedback on parts and tools I may be missing. I'm pretty well versed in computer parts, but have never assembled anything more than popping in a new gfx card and that was 10 years ago. Here's how its looking so far:

i5-3450 Ivy bridge
Intel BOXDF77EB LGA 1555 motherboard
HEC Black Steel ATX Mid Tower Case with 585w power supply
LG DVD Burner SATA
ENCORE Wireless n300 Adapter 2.0 PCI Express
MSI Twin Frozr 2 Geforce GTX 570 1280mb 320bit PCI Express 2.0
Firewire 800 card
G.Skill Ripjaws X series 8GB DDR3 1333 SDRAM
Kingston SSDnow V200 128gb SATA 3

As it stands that's costing me $972 CAD, after taxes and shipping

Mostly I'm wondering what kind of minor parts (cables, screws, arctic silver, ect) that I'm missing, or if any of that will come with the other parts? Will I require fans/cooling or will that come with the case? Is the power supply large enough? Do I need a separate Ethernet adapter, or does that come with the motherboard/case?Also what kind of tools will I need to assemble this?

Thanks for your input

I'm also kind of torn on the video card, if I should go with the gtx 570, the gtx 560 ti, or the 460, and the performance diffrence between the three
m
l
!