Sign in with
Your question

First Time Build. Need help on parts

Last response: in Systems
August 3, 2012 12:58:16 AM

Hi everybody, Ive been looking for the past two weeks or so and I've decided to build a gaming pc. The problem is, I don't have any experience in picking out parts, however I do have a general idea of things. It would be great if you could help me find the components to build my first pc!

Approximate Purchase Date: In the next several weeks.

Budget Range: 700$-750$ After rebates (w/ free shipping)

System Usage from Most to Least Important: Gaming and surfing the Internet. I will be playing Guild Wars 2, Diablo 3, and Minecraft. I want to max out graphics w/ a steady 40-60 fps

Are you buying a monitor: Yes.

Do you need to buy OS: No.

Preferred Website(s) for Parts: Newegg or amazon

Parts Preferences: Prefferably intel for CPU

Overclocking: Possibly in the future.

SLI or Crossfire: Maybe

Your Monitor Resolution: Needs help on finding

Additional Comments: Preferably some sort of Intel i5 for gpu. I have a relative that will most likely be able to find deals and could help me find equivalent items.

Thanks everybody!!

More about : time build parts

August 3, 2012 1:17:15 AM

Your monitor resolution should probably be 1080p, as that is where you will find the most bang for your buck. 1080p is also the most common resolution used by pc gamers.
Intel processors can be expensive, but if you want one, try an i5-2400 or i5-2500k(the k means it can overclock).
Nvidia is rumored to be coming out with a new gpu (gtx 660) this month so you might want to wait and see what happens because prices should drop on the hd 7850, a card with amazing bang for buck. Sapphire and XFX make good radeon graphics cards.
Your psu should be a good 600-750 watt. Remember, Google is your best friend when you are trying to find out if a product is good!
Asus, Gigabyte, and Asrock all make good motherboards, but remember to background check everything you find by checking google or simply asking about it here.

Best of luck!
August 3, 2012 1:35:15 AM

remember that if you buy a EVGA graphics card then if the 660 come out and you want to upgrade you only have to pay the difference in the price with the step up program
Related resources
August 3, 2012 1:39:06 AM

The gtx 660 should be 300$, and that is stiff for a 700$ budget...
August 3, 2012 1:48:53 AM

I saw that but in 90 days the OP might come up with some more presidents, but I see your point
August 3, 2012 4:07:38 AM

Darth415 said:
Your monitor resolution should probably be 1080p, as that is where you will find the most bang for your buck. 1080p is also the most common resolution used by pc gamers.
Intel processors can be expensive, but if you want one, try an i5-2400 or i5-2500k(the k means it can overclock).
Nvidia is rumored to be coming out with a new gpu (gtx 660) this month so you might want to wait and see what happens because prices should drop on the hd 7850, a card with amazing bang for buck. Sapphire and XFX make good radeon graphics cards.
Your psu should be a good 600-750 watt. Remember, Google is your best friend when you are trying to find out if a product is good!
Asus, Gigabyte, and Asrock all make good motherboards, but remember to background check everything you find by checking google or simply asking about it here.

Best of luck!

Thank you very much Darth, this will definitely be taken into consideration.
!