Can't e-mail files from File and Folder Tasks

I am using TheBat! as e-mail client (and it is set up as default e-mail
program in Internet Options). If TheBat! is running and I click on "E-mal
this file" button in windows explorer, then it works, new message
automatically created with selected file(s) attached. But if TheBat is not
running, then nothing happens when I click the button.
I recently installed Service Pack 2, and it seems to me that before, e-mail
program started automatically when I clicked the button.

Dmitry Kultaev
Windows XP Pro SP2 (Russian)
1 answer Last reply
More about mail files file folder tasks

    Hi Dmitry,

    If i were you, I would contact the tech-support of the specific email program and ask them if they
    had released any update/patch for the program after SP2 was released. This is most likely an issue
    dealing with the email client and not Windows XP.

    --

    Anando
    Microsoft MVP- Windows Shell/User

    In memory of Alex Nichol

    Folder customizations
    http://newdelhi.sancharnet.in/minku

    Protect your PC!
    http://www.microsoft.com/protect

    "Dmitry Kultaev" <Dmitry Kultaev@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    >I am using TheBat! as e-mail client (and it is set up as default e-mail
    > program in Internet Options). If TheBat! is running and I click on "E-mal
    > this file" button in windows explorer, then it works, new message
    > automatically created with selected file(s) attached. But if TheBat is not
    > running, then nothing happens when I click the button.
    > I recently installed Service Pack 2, and it seems to me that before, e-mail
    > program started automatically when I clicked the button.
    >
    > Dmitry Kultaev
    > Windows XP Pro SP2 (Russian)

Configuration Windows Explorer Email Customization Windows XP