jenova23

Honorable
Aug 2, 2012
Hello, I've been doing a bit of research lately to put together a new gaming PC. This rig be used mostly for gaming and general purposes, I don't do any modeling or anything like that. I'm interested in overclocking it a little bit just for fun. This is my first build so any suggestions would be much appreciated. Here's what I've arrived at:

CPU: Intel Core i5-3570K Ivy Bridge 3.4GHz
MOBO: ASUS P8Z77-V LGA 1155
RAM: CORSAIR Vengeance 8GB (2 x 4GB)
GPU: ASUS GTX670-DC2-2GD5 GeForce GTX 670
HDD: Western Digital Caviar Black WD1002FAEX 1TB
CD/DVD: LITE-ON DVD Burner - Black SATA Model iHAS124-04 - OEM
CASE: COOLER MASTER HAF 932 Advanced
PSU: Lifetime Series Pro 750W ATX PSU (I already have this part)

So far this fits pretty well into my expected price range, around $1200, but i'm not trying to be too strict on price. I also really like the idea of having a small SSD for my operating system and a quick boot time, any suggestions for a good one to go with?

Also, do you think i am ok with cooling? The case i chose had a lot of good reviews but i don' know if it will be enough if i end up overclocking.

I'm looking around for a nice monitor and some speakers but i'm not too worried about that right now. Thanks in advance for any input and please let me know if anything looks incompatible!

jenova23

Honorable
Aug 2, 2012
Thanks for the suggestions. I'll likely start ordering the parts later tonight. Any other recommendations before i do?

jenova23

Honorable
Aug 2, 2012
I checked out some reviews for the antec 1100 and there seems to be a lot of complaints about the top fan rattling. Is this an ongoing issue or has it been remedied in the current cases?

Also if i decided to stick with the cooler master case would it be overkill to get the CPU fan as well?