Erratic System Tray

I am having problem with systray. The small arrow within a circle that comes
in system tray to show the inactive icon upon clicking is missing. I have
tried many thing...right click on systray then <customize> then all sort of
done without any result. check/uncheck <hide the inactive icon>,
check/uncheck <lock the task bar> nothing is working.
however, sometimes it comes automatically again on next login it
disappears... is there any work around? thanks in advance.

See if this will help.

Line #99
Line #290

--